Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I ask Capital one for a CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Fed bumped me from 5k to 18k recently. Capital One bumped me from 1k to $1500 8 months ago without me asking. What's the best process to ask for a CLI with a softpull?

I pay my card off monthly.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How should I ask Capital one for a CLI?

What if I just said congrats without offering advice? Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Log onto the website since it has been > 6 months and try the automated CLI button... If that doesn't work and you aren't happy with your results you can try the EO route, but I would try the button first.  It is rumored to work, just not for me.

The Website route is deffinetly a SP and most likely the EO route is as well, unless they state otherwise

Message 3 of 12
uswala
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Log onto the website since it has been > 6 months and try the automated CLI button... If that doesn't work and you aren't happy with your results you can try the EO route, but I would try the button first.  It is rumored to work, just not for me.

The Website route is deffinetly a SP and most likely the EO route is as well, unless they state otherwise

And in most cases one will end up following the EO route. That seems to be the norm with CapOne.

Message 4 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

You can also contact the through Facebook that works also.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just messaged them but am worried they will do yet another hard pull which i dont want. 

Message 6 of 12
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just messaged them but am worried they will do yet another hard pull which i dont want. 

Based on my Capital One experience, getting a CLI through the EO is a soft pull.  Any CLI from Capital One has been a soft pull.

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hit the luv button online. If that doesn't work, call the executive office and ask for a manual review. Manual reviews generally result in a limit increase.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hit the luv button online. If that doesn't work, call the executive office and ask for a manual review. Manual reviews generally result in a limit increase.

Sometimes not though.

If the credit profile doesn't support it, the credit profile doesn't support it.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.