Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to Post in the CC Approvals Forum

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

What to Post in the CC Approvals Forum

The Credit Card Approvals forum is for posts about new personal credit cards or CLIs on your existing personal credit cards.  "Credit Cards" includes bankcards (i.e., cards using payment networks such as Visa, MC, AMEX, and Discover) or store cards/PLCC (i.e., cards that can be use only at one store/chain, or a family of stores, or a limited network such as CareCredit).  

• Approvals for Business CCs should be posted in the Business Credit forum.  
  • Mortgages and HELOC approvals should be posted in the Mortgage Loans forum.  
  • Student loan approvals should be posted in the Student Loans forum. 
  • Approvals for PLOC (Personal Line of Credit), CLOC (Checking Line of Credit), and other personal loans should be posted in the Personal Finance forum

As for the content of your Approval posts, we encourage members to share (and respond to) all success stories!  We also enjoy when members include relevant information about their own credit profile, their APRs and CLs, and reports that are pulled (or not pulled) in the process.  We offier the following suggestions:

• Details, Details!   Any information shared could help those with similar profiles or considering the products.   Consider these ideas:   What product did you get?   What CRs were pulled?   What is your FICO score (if known)?   Are you willing to share any other info about your credit profile (UTIL, income, "baddies", etc).   What made you consider this product?   For CLIs, when was your last one?  Was your CLI an HP or SP?  Did you have a prior product/relationship with the lender?   If the product isn't well-known, could you tell us more about it?
  • Be supportive.   In the spirit of our FSR guidelines, remember that there are no small victories here.  A $250 store card approval to a rebuilder is every bit as valuable as the $25K approval for those with excellent credit (I know--I've experienced both!).   
  • Unique stories, unique responses.  Should you have specific information or questions about the product, the CCC, or any other relevant information, post it!  If you have relevant experiences to the OP, share and discuss.   We encourage responses that are thread-specific as opposed to posting  a one-word/phrase response over multiple threads (you may also consider the "Kudos" feature as a brief means of encouragement).   

Hopefully, these suggestions help you have a better experience in the Approvals Board!  Thank you for helping make the myFICO Forums a great community!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to Make Great Approvals Posts!

Thanks! I totally agree with everything you said. This board is meant to be supportive of every little milestone....small or large....builder or prime cards, etc. I have been taken back by some of the mean spiritedness of some posts. This board is meant to share our joy. Not to tear someone down. Thank you for posting this.😊
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth couldn't agree more, there are no small victories in this game. We shoudld always be looking for ways to help each other lift each other up. Congrats are important but should be more than "Congrats" a few extra key strokes can make a big difference. With approval posts from newer members and younger credit profiles...Those of us who have been up and down the road and back again should try to offer some insight or tip to help that member make the most of the new approval. I know personally, that my rebuild wouldn't have been nearly as successful or rewarding without help and insight from so many on this forum.

Message 3 of 4
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

I have closed further comments on this thread temporarily.   Please feel free to PM me or any Mod if you have any questions or feedback regarding the suggestions above.   Remember that these are suggestions to help achieve positive interaction on this Board.

Also worth mentioning...the Kudos function is another great way to acknowledge accomplishments, and it doesn't involve any typing at all!   If you want to congratulate others but have limited time/words, Kudos is a great feature that says a lot without saying a thing.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.