cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge NFCU CLI, plus a few other approvals!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huge NFCU CLI, plus a few other approvals!

I've had a banner week so far with approvals!!

First, I was approved for an auto loan refinance with Penfed.  My rate dropped from 8.75% to 2.49%.  This is huge for me because ,  not even 2 years ago, my credit was so awful that all I could get was an 18% auto loan when I bought the car.

Then, last night. I decided to try for a CLI for my measly NFCU Cash Rewards card. I got approved back in January for $2,100.  After all the huge limits I'd been seeing, I was a bit discouraged but, at the time, I was in re-building mode.  Since then, all the baddies are off my reports and my scores are all over 720.  So, I logged in to to the app and requested the CLI.  Oh my goodness -- I went from $2,100 - $20,000!!  WOW!! That is my highest limit by far.  Even though I know this is kind of the norm for them,  It's just so shocking to see it on MY card.

Then I hit up Citi for a CLI on my Costco Visa.  There was no HP and I went from $5,500 - $8,500.  Considering I was on Citi's blacklist for a long time, and thought I would be for years to come. I am thrilled that they like me again!

Nex up, AMEX -- I currently have an AMEX Optima as a recovery product.  I can't get a CLI on it and there are no rewards at all, plus an AF It has a $900 limit and I've had it for nearly a  year and a half.  

I just took a shot and apped for the BCE, figuring I would not get approved because of the Optima.  Low and behold I got approved with a $2,800 CLI!  That's on the lower end but, yay, I am back in with a "real" AMEX card.  I also know I can request the 90 day CLI and hopefully get it increased to $8,400 in 3 months.

Probably best to quit while I'm ahead Smiley Happy 

NFCU.jpg
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Huge NFCU CLI, plus a few other approvals!

So Happy for you Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats awesome indeed. This is why i wish people, especially if your rebuilding , would not look at 1k or 2.1k sls as measly when first starting out with Navy. It only took you 6 months to go from 2.1k to 20k. Smiley Happy Nowhere else will you find that kind of progressSmiley Wink.

Congrats again on all your success, its amazing how time is a true healer, and it doesnt hurt that Navy has the elixerSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 9
lexus829
Contributor

Congrats!! so happy for your rebuild success..!!

11/2016 - EQ(575)/TU(550)/EX(565) Current - EQ(675)/TU(680)/EX(678) Goal – 700

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex approval and awesome CLIs.
Navy should really help you out now
Message 5 of 9
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, OP!

When you requested the CLI, did you hit the "Maximum Amount" or request a certain number?

Thanks!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hit "max amount".
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! That is awesome!

Message 8 of 9
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the GREAT CLI and your new AmEx!!  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.