Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huntington Voice

tag
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Huntington Voice

Read about the Huntington Voice card and was intrigued by the both the 3% and the single category application.  Was disappointed by the restricted service area and felt it was just not to be.  About a month ago read about someone opening a checking or savings account as a back door into getting a credit card and decided to give it a try.  Completed the application for a checking account only to receive the message that it could not be completed because I was outside the service area.  Well, didn't that stink.  Completely forgot about it until last weekend when I received a pre-approval letter from guess who . . . Huntington.  And for what . . . the Voice credit card.  Could it really be?  Did not make any sense to me how that could be possible, but decided to give it a try.  The letter did not have an approval number or anything just said to apply online, in a branch, or over the phone.  Tried online and received a resounding no.  Even called customer service and was told that they did not approve CCs to those outside the service area.  Almost let it go and thought it was late on a Sunday evening and perhaps the CSR just didn't know what he was talking about (that never happens).  Tried on Monday and made it to someone that could take an application and was more nervous than I had been in a long time.  Was able to complete the application and was instantly approved.  The CSR could only tell me I was approved for the lowest APR they offered - 12.99% and that I would have to wait to hear CL and other details.  Called in today and found out my CL is $17k.  During the application process opted for the 3% in the Utilities category, and selected the Slate Grey color for the card.  Glad it worked out even though I'm not sure how.

Statistics:  EQ - 813, 10 INQs, 8.7 years AAoA.  Think I may have caught a break by being military and using my DoD ID instead of an DL outside the service area.  Or perhaps this is the start of them opening up nationwide.  Have a couple of houses worth of utilities each month, so looking forward to maximizing the quarterly rewards.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Huntington Voice

Fantastic, congrats on the approval !! very nice SL enjoy!!

Message 2 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Very nicely done OP and nice SL for Huntington.  Kudos on not giving up and finding a way to get it accepted.  I was approved for their 2nd card just last month.  You'll love the card. 

Message 3 of 25
Country_Feller
Valued Contributor

Way to go, Congratulations!!!
myFICO=EQ 702, TU 716, EX 743br>EQ=11//TU=15//EX=11/Util 14%. Gardening since 01/02/2017.

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Voice approval !! Nice SL on it. I actually tried apping about a month ago and had the same issue. Outside of service area. Also tried a savings/checking with them and that was also denied as not in service footprint. Also got a preapproval letter just the other day so nice to know you can call in and app from outside their service area. Not sure if I will though. Not liking the APR offered. Have a feeling it would end up with a small SL. 

Segment 001 of nVscan_.jpg

Segment 002 of nVscan_.jpg

Message 5 of 25
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats BigBS! Fantastic starting limit.
Message 6 of 25
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the Voice approval !! Nice SL on it. I actually tried apping about a month ago and had the same issue. Outside of service area. Also tried a savings/checking with them and that was also denied as not in service footprint. Also got a preapproval letter just the other day so nice to know you can call in and app from outside their service area. Not sure if I will though. Not liking the APR offered. Have a feeling it would end up with a small SL. 

Segment 001 of nVscan_.jpg

Segment 002 of nVscan_.jpg

Thanks, That's the exact same letter that I got except for the APR. Wasn't sure if it was an authentic letter to be honest as it looked almost likea photocopy or something. Not a plethora of information on this card so really hard to say what the CL might be. Think it is very dependent on income.

Message 7 of 25
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Thanks, everyone. Interestingly went to chat for a Lowes CLI and was flat out denied.

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have me by about 120 points on that EQ score so I doubt you'll ever see an APR like I got on my preapproval. Income is probably what has helped drive some of my SL's but I've gotten really really lucky to have come has far as I have. The Voice is a pretty cool and different card but I may hold off and revisit it after my EQ is clean next summer in hopes of a better offer on APR and SL. I'd hate to end up with a 1 or 2k Voice at that 21.99%. Try calling Credit Solutions on the Lowes CLI. Wonder if there is just a ceiling on what you can ask for via chat. Congrats again on the Voice!

Message 9 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats OP on a great SL and apr!  I think you might of slipped through the cracks w/regards to service area and results aren't normal.  Glad it worked though!

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.