Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I GOT APPROVED!!!

tag
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Re: I GOT APPROVED!!!

That's Great!!! Congrats!!! 1st Card!!!Smiley Happy

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 11 of 19
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!!

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 12 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@lyndon978 wrote:

Thank you everyone once again! I had to apply for membership and open a checking account. I think this bank is really good and they offer good rates. They're in the top 25 credit unions in the usa right now accoring to sources

You'll also get free EQ FICO each month. I'm very happy with them; they've been my primary bank/CU for 10 years. 

Message 13 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@lyndon978 wrote:

Hello everybody! Today I am the happiest man on earth right now. I am 25 years old and I've never own a credit card in my life. This was due to because I was young and stupid and didn't know anything about credit. I've had multiple collections (mainly cell phones bills and macy's) and I didn't know that it will have an effect on me as far applying for a car loan or credit card. I applied for a credit card at my bank, applied for a car loan at multiple places and I got denied. I did a little bit of research and came to this site and it changed my life! I paid off all my debts in full, got the PFD letter, disputed with the CRAs and was able to remove 3 out of 4 collections from my credit report in a couple of months. Today I went to DCU and applied for a secured credit card cause I heard they are good at approving people with bad credit. And instantly they said I got approved for a regular credit card for $2,000 credit limit! They said my Equifax credit score is 622 with only one collection with AT&T which was paid in full. I couldn't believe I got approved. I want to thank you guys for helping me out so much. I have learned a lot. Thank you!!!

Congrats on your DCU card Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 19
Mellon
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval.. that is a good starting limit..

I got denied last year (new accounts/inquiries).. I didn't need it but I was surprised at the denial...(i like to have a credit card where I bank..weird I know..LOL)

Message 15 of 19
Mellon
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@lyndon978 wrote:

Thank you everyone once again! I applied for membership after I got approved. They required me to open a checking account.

Best of luck on a great credit journey.

I wish i had this resource when i was 18.

+1

Message 16 of 19
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 17 of 19
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@lyndon978 wrote:

Hello everybody! Today I am the happiest man on earth right now. I am 25 years old and I've never own a credit card in my life. This was due to because I was young and stupid and didn't know anything about credit. I've had multiple collections (mainly cell phones bills and macy's) and I didn't know that it will have an effect on me as far applying for a car loan or credit card. I applied for a credit card at my bank, applied for a car loan at multiple places and I got denied. I did a little bit of research and came to this site and it changed my life! I paid off all my debts in full, got the PFD letter, disputed with the CRAs and was able to remove 3 out of 4 collections from my credit report in a couple of months. Today I went to DCU and applied for a secured credit card cause I heard they are good at approving people with bad credit. And instantly they said I got approved for a regular credit card for $2,000 credit limit! They said my Equifax credit score is 622 with only one collection with AT&T which was paid in full. I couldn't believe I got approved. I want to thank you guys for helping me out so much. I have learned a lot. Thank you!!!

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 18 of 19
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

CONGRATS!!! 

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.