Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Love My Credit Union!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I Love My Credit Union!

were in the same state, i use to have Wright patt credit union but i defaulted on my card, im hoping to get back with themn :/

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! That's quite a rate you've scored there!

As for the 7,000 vs 10,000 *don't let it bug you*... nurture the relationship (while gardening for a few months), then call them for some additional "LUV"!

Looking forward to seeing you around the garden Smiley Happy

@WolfMan wrote:

I haven't apped for a CC for quite some time. FInally bought a house this past December, and then both my dishwasher, and fridge bite the dust. 

@I NEVER carry a balance, but estimated I'd have to for at least 3-4 motnhs, and started looking at my rates. Seems my AMEX BCP is lowest @ 16.99.

Well, I remembered, I recently joined a credit union, let's see what they have. 

Stopped in, They offer a card that starts at 6.25 and goes up depending on credit score, etc. 

I figured what the heck... Let's try, I'm sure I'm going to need it in the future again for something. Though a 0% card would be nice, the interest shoots back up later, I'm looking for long term low rate. 

She ran the app, and I was approved for their lowest rate of 6.25%, then she asked me (After I was approved) how much credit I would think I need. I found that a little weird, but stayed conservative and said $7,000.   She typed it in, and said my card will come in the mail soon. They usually can print them on site, but the machine is down, she says. 

The account is already showing on my online banking. 

Only thing that bugs me... I wonder how high I could have went... I've never been asked that before, I should have said 10k. 

For those interested, The CU is Wright-Patt Credit Union in Ohio.

Anyway, Got my first low interest card... Back to the garden... Woo Hoo!

Message 12 of 16
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Cingrats, thats awesome sauce 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 13 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the 7K CU card approval Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
medo
Frequent Contributor

That's awesome, congrats!  

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.