cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'M IN, I'M IN! AMEX FINALLY OPENED THE DOOR!!

tag
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: I'M IN, I'M IN! AMEX FINALLY OPENED THE DOOR!!

Congrats!

Message 11 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!

Message 12 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@907grown wrote:

YAY!! Applied on 1/1, was in process ever since.  Called earlier today, got the approval!!  Its a green card, which I really dont want, but I do want AMEX.  The BCE was instantly denied, hoping that waiting a year and using the heck out of the green card, maybe then they will let me have the BCE!!  Super excited either way.  HAve had a heck of a time getting AMEX, BoA and Citi to let me in....  AMEX is down, now to the garden, then on to the next!!

Congrats...

Message 13 of 36
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP. That's the same route I went--got the Green charge card a little over a year ago in late 2013...got approved for the BCE yesterday. But I'm still going to use my Green card...it helps keep me diciplined-LOL.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 14 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@907grown wrote:

YAY!! Applied on 1/1, was in process ever since.  Called earlier today, got the approval!!  Its a green card, which I really dont want, but I do want AMEX.  The BCE was instantly denied, hoping that waiting a year and using the heck out of the green card, maybe then they will let me have the BCE!!  Super excited either way.  HAve had a heck of a time getting AMEX, BoA and Citi to let me in....  AMEX is down, now to the garden, then on to the next!!

Wonderful! Congratulations on your first of many american express cards.

Message 15 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP how long did you wait to apply after your initial denial?  I had the 100k platinum prequal offer but was denied.  I immediately app'ed for the Delta Gold but got another denial from AmEx saying that all apps are denied if you had recently been turned down for another amex  product.

Message 16 of 36
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the garden!!

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 17 of 36
907grown
Established Contributor

I apped for green in Sept 2014, BCE in Oct 2014, DENIED!! I apped again on 1/1, BCE first, immediately denied, green approved today, EXP score is about the same, more inqs now then when I apped before. ... either way...... IM IN BABY!!

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 18 of 36
Terry76308
Valued Member

@907grown wrote:

Congratulations on getting your green card; use it heavily for 12 months then apply for an Amex credit card.  At that point, you should have no problem getting the card of choice.

AMEX Green Card - NPSL [Member Since 1995] | AMEX Everyday Card ($25,000) 6/14 Backdated to 1995 | Discover IT ($17,500) | JCPenney Credit Card ($7,000) | Home Depot ($10,000) | Citi ThankYou Preferred Visa Signature ($16,000) | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - ($17,000) | Sam's Club MasterCard - ($20,000) - 5% off gas at any fuel pump | Wells Fargo Personal Line of Credit - ($15,000) | Firestone - ($2,600)

FICO's - 767 EX, 778 EQ, 790 TU [02/2015]
Message 19 of 36
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

CONGRATS 

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.