Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'M SORRY GUYS, BUT OMG!!!!!!

tag
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

I'M SORRY GUYS, BUT OMG!!!!!!

So after my earlier post asking for your input, I went against that, fighting with myself on whether or not I should app for the amex prg. Well I pulled the trigger because this had been my number cc goal for 2013 when i began back in january rebuilding. I was APPROVED!!!! All the scores in my siggy are current, and this was done with 60% UTI on my NFCU card. So it is possible. I will be in the garden for the next 6 months to lower my UTI and garden my relationship w/ Amex, then go for their revolver. Again I'm sorry guys, but sometimes you have go for it. And again, thanks to everyone who contributes and tells their story. Always an inspiration!!

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I'M SORRY GUYS, BUT OMG!!!!!!

Congrats on your new card Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 16
Involver
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  Always nice when those calculated risks pay off Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 16
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

Took the plunge again and app'd for the BCE. APPROVED $2000!!! Now I am definitely in the garden and will be for the forseeable future. With the exception for the 3x CLI. This has made my day!!!

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 5 of 16
ptilda
Established Contributor

@CreditJunkie917 wrote:

So after my earlier post asking for your input, I went against that, fighting with myself on whether or not I should app for the amex prg. Well I pulled the trigger because this had been my number cc goal for 2013 when i began back in january rebuilding. I was APPROVED!!!! All the scores in my siggy are current, and this was done with 60% UTI on my NFCU card. So it is possible. I will be in the garden for the next 6 months to lower my UTI and garden my relationship w/ Amex, then go for their revolver. Again I'm sorry guys, but sometimes you have go for it. And again, thanks to everyone who contributes and tells their story. Always an inspiration!!

Don't apologize. You know what's the right move for you, and often times the advice is only a guideline and based on preferences. Good work!

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 6 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats X2 see you in the garden and welcome to the Amex family

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 16
eparker
Frequent Contributor

Congrats...is the Amex prg a revolver?  If you dont mind what was in credit limit?  I have the Amex Gold and want a Amex Revolver, trying to figure out whic revolver. 

Thanks

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 16
eparker
Frequent Contributor

Oh....and I also received an offer to apply for the Amex Blue.  Is this a good one to get?

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@eparker wrote:

Congrats...is the Amex prg a revolver?  If you dont mind what was in credit limit?  I have the Amex Gold and want a Amex Revolver, trying to figure out whic revolver. 

Thanks

It's a charge card 

PRG= Premier Rewards Gold 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.