cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am in complete shock as Bank Of America has left me speechless!!!!!!!!

tag
Independentwoman79
Valued Member

I am in complete shock as Bank Of America has left me speechless!!!!!!!!

I have never been so wooed by a credit card company in all my days. I can hardly even believe what has just occured...but since individuals in this My Fico community always bless me with such wonderful CLI stories, I may as well try to be an inspiration to someone as well. I have been a BOA customer since the April of 2016. I want to say that my credit line started at a pretty decent credit line($5k). In comparison to some of my other lines, I felt like it was a little on the low side, but I understood, because this was my first card with them, and I needed to prove my credit worthiness to them in order to grow my credit line. I have read that every customer initiated credit line increase would warrant a hard pull; which was okay with me because they have been extremely worth it. In the beginning I applied for credit line increases every 90 days, and have always been successful at obtaining beautiful increases. I know when it's time, because I always see the love button. My first increase tripled to $15k and every credit line increase afterwards ranged from $9k up to $14k. I fell off of my schedule increases the very first part of 2017, but BOA more than made up for it. By August, 2017; my credit line has rose to $38,400. About 2 weeks ago, I noticed that lucky button popped up and since then; I have been eyeing it everytime I login and check my account activity. Today, I decided to go for it, because I couldn't take looking at it anymore.... So I filled out my info. One thing that I do is aim high when I am considering an increase....My eyes almost popped out of my head when I received the congratulations message with my new credit line of $58,400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't have a BOA credit card....please get one!!!!! They will be great to you as long as you are great to them. P.S. I did have a nice balance on my credit card when I was approved... I want you to know that I did not share my story to brag by any means...I think about all of the suffering and hard work that I had to endure many years ago in order to turn my credit story around. I am very humble and extremly grateful that I was given a chance to provide someone out there with a gleam of hope. The sky is the limit...Thank you for reading my post...

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I am in complete shock as Bank Of America has left me speechless!!!!!!!!

Congrats!  BofA has treated me very well as well.  Started out with a 1k recon and now above 50k+ with them just shy of two years.  IF you income and profile supports it they grow like wild fire.  I also must say Amex and Chase has also treated me well along with various CU's.  Although back to the subject BofA is very generous indeed.  Although easy come easy go as well.  Lets just not hope for another credit crunch again!

Message 2 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic story! Congrats. I’m even more excited that I got an approval from them today.
Message 3 of 43
Independentwoman79
Valued Member

Thank you for the awesome information CreditCuriousity... I definitely agree with you on the note of the credit crunch scenario....either way I am extremely thankful that I was given the opportunity with them and other cc companies.

Message 4 of 43
Independentwoman79
Valued Member

I'm glad that you enjoyed reading my post trlanthierjr. BOA has been nothing short of amazing. Before you know it; you will be sharing your amazing story with the My Fico community as well. Congratulations on your approval!!
Message 5 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome journey! Congrats! 

Message 6 of 43
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Message 7 of 43
Independentwoman79
Valued Member

Thank you Justagirl73!!
Message 8 of 43
Independentwoman79
Valued Member

Thank you!!
Message 9 of 43
iamdetermined
Frequent Contributor

Awesome...CONGRATS!!
**PERSISTENCE & PATIENCE** NFCU Amex $25K || NFCU GoRewards $24K || Citi $20k || Macy's $20K || Amex Cash Magnet $1.4k || CO QuickSilver $11,750 || Wells Fargo $9,500 || PayPal MC $8K || Amex ED $5,500 || USAA Pref. Cash Rewards $7.5K || Victoria’s Secret $5k || Discover IT $11.9k || Chase $12.5k || HFCU Plat. CC $2K || PenFed $500

*OVERALL CREDIT CARD LIMITS: $163,150*

NLOC $6K
US Alliance LOC $2K
Student Loans: $40k+

FICO 8 - 4/25/17: EQ 648 - EX 654 - TU 632
FICO 8 - 8/27/18: EQ 684 - EX 696 - TU 713
FICO8 1/14/22: EX 713 - EQ 703 -TU 723
FICO 8 4/7/23: EX 713 - EQ 715 -TU 729
FICO 8 4/30/23: EX 733
Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.