cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't know if I ever want to leave the garden!

tag
chwebb1
Established Contributor

I don't know if I ever want to leave the garden!

So since I started gardening in September 2014, I've gotten a bunch of APR reductions and CLIs.

Here's what I've gotten so far:

APR Reductions:

AMEX BCE: 17.99% to 14.99%

BoA Cash Rewards: 19.99% to 12.99%

BoA BBR: 18.99% to 11.99%

Citi DoubleCash: 17.99% to 15.99%

Discover It: 18.99% to 17.24%

CLIs:

AMEX BCE: $4300 to $5000

Citi DoubleCash: $4000 to $5400

Barclaycard Ring: $1000 to $3000 (auto)

I'm aiming for:

AMEX BCE: 12.99% APR

Citi DoubleCash: 12.99% APR

Discover It: 10.99% APR

Auto-CLI on my Sallie Mae

If these trends continue (I get more APR reductions and soft pull/auto CLI's), I don't see why I'd ever want to leave the garden. I'd love to get a card with DCU and a Chase Freedom (only if it's at the lowest APR offered, 13.99%, since they don't do APR reductions), but I think continuing to garden won't hurt my chances of getting those. And I can contiue to get the APRs reduced on my current accounts. I already have the lowest APRs offered on my Barclaycards and my BoA cards. As of now, I'm definitely glad that I joined the Garden Club. It's been a productive stay so far for me.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: I don't know if I ever want to leave the garden!

the good thing about chase is you can keep checking your pre-qual until you are getting offered the best rate!

Did amex really counter you only a $700 CLI or did you for some reason not ask for your 3x?!

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! kinda wish there were a few more posts like this...

Message 3 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I agree with you, I am focusing on just CLI/APR reductions this year. There's nothing really enticing that I need.

It is VERY refreshing to see posts like this vs. posts about how hard it is stay in the garden! Leaving early usually just leads  to a disappointing CL or APR anyway.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! kinda wish there were a few more posts like this...

+1. Feel like it would be a lot easier to stay in the garden if people shared more tangible, positive experiences from doing so.

Message 5 of 19
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plus your CC lineup looks suspiciously like what my plan is, so I am happy that you are happy with where you are Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job with the apr reductions.  How do you do that?  Just call and ask for lower apr?

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

the good thing about chase is you can keep checking your pre-qual until you are getting offered the best rate!

Did amex really counter you only a $700 CLI or did you for some reason not ask for your 3x?!

I'm guessing they got an auto bump.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

those are some nice cards you have! 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.