cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I finally got GE to give me a walmart increase....

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I finally got GE to give me a walmart increase....

I have tried and tried again, first starting out asking for a 5300 increase, and worked my way down over 3 more attempts to just asking for a 300 increase to 1k. It is not much, but I claim a moral victory. Next I will ask for 1500, but I am not waiting four months.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: I finally got GE to give me a walmart increase....

Congrats on the increase! Time to update your signature. Smiley Wink
How long have you had the card?

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 13
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Thank you! I got it in November, 3 months ago. I am getting bored with my signature anyway, so I think that I will just list them.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 3 of 13
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

congrats...on the CLI. 

lol, not sure why you thought you'd be able to jump from $700 to $6000 based on your current cards and scores especially only having the card for a few months...either way good luck on continuing your CLI's with GE. 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 4 of 13
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

congrats...on the CLI. 

lol, not sure why you thought you'd be able to jump from $700 to $6000 based on your current cards and scores especially only having the card for a few months..Either way good luck on continuing your CLI's with GE. 

I got all pumped up because people were like "shoot for the stars when asking for a cli and they will counter you", so I did -- no counter though, lol. I realize that it is a bit ridiculous to ask for that much. I only asked for it once, then started asking for more realistic increases.

My Wallet:
Message 5 of 13
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I believe I asked for $1500. from my current $700. Got shot down. I figured I'd either get it or they would counter. Was denied. This was after the 4th statement cut. I'm going to wait for one more statement to post (6th one) then try again. This time I'll go for $1k.  I saw a lot of people getting at least 2x their limit for an increase so I figured it would be easy. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 6 of 13
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your increase! Persistence pays out!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 7 of 13
eviLution
Established Contributor

Asking for big increases will probably only work if you already got cards with big limits. I'm gonna try and ask for a big increase during Christmas season because that's when they're most generous.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 8 of 13
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

I believe I asked for $1500. from my current $700. Got shot down. I figured I'd either get it or they would counter. Was denied. This was after the 4th statement cut. I'm going to wait for one more statement to post (6th one) then try again. This time I'll go for $1k.  I saw a lot of people getting at least 2x their limit for an increase so I figured it would be easy. 

I went through their backdoor number and got US customer service which was not at all friendly or helpful, I called back a few times and kept getting US people.  The first phone call was actually India, then I got US, US, US, US, US, US, the US people did not even want to help me and were horrible, imagine that!  Finally, I got India again and got around to asking and they took the call seriously and doubled my credit limit, even though I think I asked for $2500.  I think this was 3 months ago and I have tried online and by the normal phone number a few times since then, but I always get shot down.  I don't really need it, I just thought that if I had a higher limit then it would increase my chances for their Discover Card.  Now that I have a real Discover Card I don't even care about the limit or the PC!  There are really only two things I like about the Walmart card anyway; the great gas promotions they have and the free FICO score.  (Ironically, the FICO score keeps getting dropped from my account and I keep having to reapply, which means that I have update my FICO score 3 times in the last month, ha ha!  Sweet!  Now I have broken the 700 mark! Not long before I am bumped up into the 720 mark!  When I last checked the FICO I had a 708 from Walmart and a 709 from Merrick!)  I wonder if others are having this FICO issue with them?  I also wonder if a person were to unsubscribe and then resubscribe if it were to update like it is for me?  It might be a trick to the system?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 9 of 13
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.