cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate the new "applications" section!! Here's why....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I hate the new "applications" section!! Here's why....

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Threads referring to 'what cards look like', 'how many cards you have' and 'is this card metal?' are routinely moved to Smorgasboard.  We do make mistakes and in reading hundreds of posts, it can happen. If you find a thread you have a concern about Mark it inappropriate and we will review the placement. 

But even the examples you gave are credit related, while SmorgasBoard has until recently been full of topics unrelated to credit.  I think it creates a less useful forum by moving cedit related topics to subforums with little traffic.

How a card looks is not credit card related.  Credit Card forum is for the discussion of benefits, managing credit card debt, terms offered etc.  If you look at the ' About this Board' post from 2007,  the placement of posts including the  discussion of card images and similar topics in Smorgasboard 

I respectfully disagree.  There are a large number of people on this forum that how a cc looks is a high, or even top priority when deciding on a cc.  How many times have you read, I want that card because it's metal, I won't carry that card because it's ugly etc?  You (and even I) may not agree it should be relevent, but there are a great many posters that it is an important factor to them.

Other than cc appearance threads, here are examples of other threads that IMO are very credit relevent that have been moved:

Still finding it kind of funny Smiley Happy (fingerhut)

How Do You Manage Your CC Accounts?

How much credit do you have?

So what card will get it's benefits slashed next?

How much available credit do you have?

I don't  follow the logic that the cc apprearance threads, and threads like the examples above fit in better with "NASCAR Racing Experience!" threads than under credit cards.

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Labels aren't necessarily important, but we missed the multi-community aspect with putting Applications with Approvals.  Admittedly my fault on that one.  That's something I would like to fix personally, discussions still happening but I expect we'll address it in short order. 

Ghoshida: interesting idea but I have to say as a user that would be highly irritating and therefore suck.  Life as a moderator on any forum is about balancing the administrative overhead with the community: can't let the inmates run the asylum, but nor can we be utterly unresponsive to the user base's needs.  I do like the idea of trying to get people to post in the correct spot more to reduce administrative burden (guilty as charged, that was one of the selfish goals of this particular change as Approvals <-> Applications does suck as a user moves through the application process and uses the single thread as is entirely rational).

Not certain that's something that exists in the base Lithium software anyway, but it might; however, I don't think it'd be good for the community at large.  Can you imagine that on the iphone mobile interface?  Oooh annoying haha!

True. Users may get annoyed. 

Also, there's nothing stopping users simply saying "Yes" to the MCQ and post whatever they had to post regardless of the relevance.

I'm not saying users post like that (always) knowingly; sometimes their beliefs are not consistent with what the forum thinks.

That said, I'll support sillykitty1 above: How many cards / beautiful or ugly cards / hello kitty cards etc threads are credit-card related. They are still questions related to current credit cards and credit user profiles. Smorgasboard to me is the place where you can ask about how many cats / beautiful or ugly cats / hello kitty cats (is that a real thing?). 

Often, users may not have a good balanced view of managing cards, let alone know about one particular useful card. Especially new users may try breaking the ice with somewhat roundabout card-related question. Mods can have the opinion that Google is the best place for answering those questions but then that's the case for a whole lot of things discussed here. 

Some of those threads may become repetitive; they could be merged and formed into a longer thread under a common name. I can understand that this is tough mod work, but I would not dismiss a thread which has "credit cards" in its header / body / spirit straight into the smorg'.

Has there been any consideration given to bringing credit topics out of SmorgasBoard and back into the Credit Card or Credit Card Applications subforums?

I second that emotion.

Message 91 of 100
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The discussionis ongoing with the Mods and Admin.  We will update you when we have more information. 

Message 92 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

@09Lexie wrote:

The discussionis ongoing with the Mods and Admin.  We will update you when we have more information. 

In before padlock? Smiley Happy

Message 93 of 100
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

You mean your group haven't come to a decision YET? Smiley Very Happy

Whatta ya waitin for ? Bring back that prized Hoopla Subforum why don't ya, overwhelming concensus indicates complete satisfaction with it as it was Smiley Happy

Message 94 of 100
CreditRookie22
Contributor

What's going, where's the approvals section?. MODS get this fixed, please. I don't like it.
Message 95 of 100
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@CreditRookie22 wrote:
What's going, where's the approvals section?. MODS get this fixed, please. I don't like it.

+1

Message 96 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm tired of having to sift through 4,903,548,593,461,853,689,645 posts that contain "Congrats" and nothing else to get to the meat on the bone, lol.

Message 97 of 100
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

I usually won't say only congrats in my posts - I feel like it's just a way to inflate post counts. I'll say congrats and then add something to contribute.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 98 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

@0REDSOX7 wrote:
I usually won't say only congrats in my posts - I feel like it's just a way to inflate post counts. I'll say congrats and then add something to contribute.

+4,903,548,593,461,853,689,644

Message 99 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really wish the forum would change to vanilla forum, which is more user friendly, and even collapse/hide massive quotes automatically so it doesn't show like 8 different quotes over and over and over.

Message 100 of 100
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.