Did you mean: 

I have absolutely no self control.

tag
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: I have absolutely no self control.

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay.

So I got the usual pending status from Citi (Usually means approved but they want to see if you want to reallocate), called this afternoon and moved a little credit around for a $10K approval.

@Offer is for two weekend nights @ any Hilton property/$2,500 spend. I may go back and hit the 40K freebie link in 8 days before Citi yanks it due to next AX deal.

Congrats on the approval!

Just to note, I think Citi has language that you are not eligibile for the bonus if you've received a bonus for any Citi Hhonors card within the last 24 months, so it may not be possible to get the other card.

I picked up the regular Citi Hhonors card about 6 months ago when it was offering a 75k point sign-on bonus.  I'd love to get the Hhonors Reserve for the free nights, but I don't think I'd be eligible for that reward.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@happypill wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay.

So I got the usual pending status from Citi (Usually means approved but they want to see if you want to reallocate), called this afternoon and moved a little credit around for a $10K approval.

@Offer is for two weekend nights @ any Hilton property/$2,500 spend. I may go back and hit the 40K freebie link in 8 days before Citi yanks it due to next AX deal.

Congrats on the approval!

Just to note, I think Citi has language that you are not eligibile for the bonus if you've received a bonus for any Citi Hhonors card within the last 24 months, so it may not be possible to get the other card.

I picked up the regular Citi Hhonors card about 6 months ago when it was offering a 75k point sign-on bonus.  I'd love to get the Hhonors Reserve for the free nights, but I don't think I'd be eligible for that reward.

They say that, but I did get 4 Platinum WEMC bonuses in the last year, too.

There are links without the 24mo language out there.

Message 12 of 21
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Nixon!  Citi just told me to pound sand on the 40k card Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 21
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Nothing a call to the EO couldn't fix Smiley Wink

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

A little necropost here, but they told me the same.

Apparently i didn't account for a Citi Exec card in the previous 65 days. Hehe.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nixon strangely enough I find my schedule open. When did you say we would get that $2,500 spent (hotel stays work) Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

This one was dead and buried when I rec'd the card.

I bought a car and used the $2,500 spend as partial DP.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Citi, Hilton.

Details to come soon.

Your not alone my friend!

Message 18 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I was just about to comment on how they sent me a letter months ago telling me that they could not approve me for the card since the card was no longer offered (apped on the day that everyone on reddit was trying to get in under the wire, and free points are free points, and thought it might give me an excuse to use my Hilton Gold status for once - don't judge me LOL), then I realized this was an old thread.  So, at this point I'll just congratulate you on your 5 month old Citi Amex card.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

YESSSSS!!!

me too. 3 new accounts.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.