Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love you blue......Lowes

tag
fltn
Frequent Contributor

I love you blue......Lowes

Got my Lowes card back in May for $1000, in July CLI (luv button) to $1500. 

I just called the (middle number) under GE backdoor list, was gonna ask for an extra $1000 and I felt the words slips out of my mouth ( like the F word through Ralphie's mouth) say $10,000, after a short hold (in a daze, did I really just say that?), APPROVED available immediately!

Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
fltn
Frequent Contributor

Re: I love you blue......Lowes

@fltn wrote:

I just called the (middle number) under GE backdoor list, was gonna ask for an extra $1000 and I felt the words slips out of my mouth ( like the F word through Ralphie's mouth) say $10,000, after a short hold (in a daze, did I really just say that?), APPROVED available immediately!

Also got approve for Care credit last week for $7000, did not call and ask for more, maybe I should.

I also got JcPenney for $700, low I know, and I did just ask say guy that approved CLI on Lowes but a no go, and he actually laughed and said sorry. He thought that was weird, no increase on that.

Message 2 of 14
tryingagain62
Contributor

Congrats - great job!! I see your BK, what do your scores look like? I just got a CLI from Lowes from $300 to $1300  and would like to get to 5K for some renovations.

Message 3 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 14
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@fltn wrote:

ROFL!! That's awesome! Congratulations!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 5 of 14
fltn
Frequent Contributor

@tryingagain62 wrote:

Congrats - great job!! I see your BK, what do your scores look like? I just got a CLI from Lowes from $300 to $1300  and would like to get to 5K for some renovations.

TU Fico is 673 down from 724 in July

EQ Fico is 636 down from 654 in July

I have a large balance on my NFCU CC

and I am also using 50% of my NFCU LOC

I know, not good, but I have just paid down almost all of my cards to zero. Score last month were TU 609 EQ dropped to 594, was using 80% of ALL credit.

I still have no lates, no missed payments since BK.

Message 6 of 14
fltn
Frequent Contributor

@tryingagain62 wrote:

Oh yeah, congrats on your CLI, you will get more, just keep up the good work.

Message 7 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

Congrats. Just get your util down and your scores will rebound.
Message 8 of 14
meesh6036
Contributor

Nice Lowes is being generous! They bumped me from $700 to $3000 when I called the back door, my utilization is also high. Maybe I should have asked for more?

Starting Score: Low 500's (2011)
Current Score:My Fico - 661
NFCU cashRewards 17.5k | NFCU GoRewards 14k |Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (USBank) 1k | Best Buy 2.8k | Walmart 1450 | Target 300 | Amazon 2.1k | CareCredit 2.6k | Macy's 1.5k | Macy's Furniture 3.5k | Lowe's 3k | Discover It 1.8k
Message 9 of 14
fltn
Frequent Contributor

@meesh6036 wrote:
Nice Lowes is being generous! They bumped me from $700 to $3000 when I called the back door, my utilization is also high. Maybe I should have asked for more?

That's what I was thinking. I went from, did I just really ask for 10k to why didn't I ask for 20K and wait for a counter offer. I will just try my walmart 2200, amazon1800, and paypal 3100 tomorrow and ask for 10K each.

I have got CLI on almost all cc's I have this month, so maybe I will keep pushing my luck. Maybe Barclay's B&N card 1000 to 2000 this month was my good luck charm. They are so hard to crack.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.