Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm lovving PENFED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
creditchief
Regular Contributor

I'm lovving PENFED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just logged on to penfed this morning and I got 3500 cli that I didnt ask for. I had been waiting till some inqs dropped to ask but now I dont have to. I went from 17500 to 21000. Has anyone ever had this to happen?

Starting Score: 550-tu 550-eq
Current Score: 745-tu 777-eq (ex-736 lo)
Goal Score: 800-tu 800-eq

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: I'm lovving PENFED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol I wish, although I had a 300% auto increase from my credit card last week, but that was a $400 kays card lol

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 20
creditchief
Regular Contributor

Something is better than nothing lol. Penfed also just lowered my apr. for cash from 17.99 to 9.99. I hope they will always be this good.

Message 3 of 20
distantarray
Established Contributor

@creditchief wrote:

Something is better than nothing lol. Penfed also just lowered my apr. for cash from 17.99 to 9.99. I hope they will always be this good.

that's more impressive to me than the higher credit limit imo =)

I'm stoked about Navy Federal I changed to Platinum (no rewards) but I get a 5-6% APR =)  what kinda rewards does does the Cash card give you with penfed?

Message 4 of 20
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's a nice surprise, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 20
creditchief
Regular Contributor

I have the promise card ( unfortuate no rewards )

Message 6 of 20
distantarray
Established Contributor

=

if you don't have them already you should try Navy Federal more people can get in than you think. I got in because I was born on a Army base lol, I don't even know the biological father as my parents divorced when I was 2 and that qualified me alone. A roommate can get you in these days which is amazing. USAA is a good choice too and but have to be direct family members. If you have a grandparents in your family die in the world wars that also qualifies you for navy as well. NavChek at Navy is wonderful thing I never seen at another bank.

NavChek is a line of credit for overdraft checking. For instance if you get approved for a 21k credit card, you'll probably get approved for atleast another 15k-20k for a overdraft line of credit that reports on your credit report like a credit card. Basically if you write a check for $5,000 but only have $1,000 in the bank it'lll still clear and you'll get charged a credit card like interest rate + a penalty fee of $20 for over drafting or 3% which ever is higher, it's nice cause it increases your avaliable revolving limits on your credit report, and you'll probably never use it, but would come in handy for emergencies etc. for the credit/debt ratio help it's worth it alone, and don't have to worry about keeping the account "active" by making a purchase on it occassionally.

Message 7 of 20
rabell12
Established Member

Me too! 

I called them Monday because I had a message from them saying they never received my signature card for the share account I opened in September.  My plan was to open the share account, establish a relationship, and app for the Platinum Rewards after the first of the year. While we were talking, CSR asked if I was interested in the PRC. Told her I was interested, but am in the middle of a refi on my house, and didn't want another credit pull until we close that out. She said "no problem, we have the one from September when you opened this account, it's within 90 days and we won't pull again for the PRC". As long as there's not credit hit, let's do it.  Two minutes later I'm approved with a $20K limit! First premium card on my hit list.  Sure makes it hard not to go on a spree for the rest of the herd!

Message 8 of 20
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Re: =

Do you have to be in the military to join?   My stepdad is in the air force..not sure if that counts. But my dad was the Special Agent in Charge of the FBI for like 30 years...so I dont know if they have a federal government type of CU or if its just military.....

I need to join something...lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 9 of 20
creditchief
Regular Contributor

Re: =

Thats good enough but you dont have to be military anyway just do the search for joining penfed and it will explain it. Thats the way I joined but my brother was a marine.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.