cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm on a roll today! (Success Story)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm on a roll today! (Success Story)

Thats fantastic, congrats on your success

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on those fantastic cli's!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 19
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats on your success

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very awesome!!!! 

Message 14 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice indeed

Message 15 of 19
Ford725
Established Contributor

@TheFate wrote:

So I woke up with an urge to do an app spree but I knew it would be best to tuff it up and wait it out untill July. So instead I decided to see about getting increases on all my cards w/out any HP's and boy was I successful!

First up to bat was Capital one QS which I was shocked because I didn't even need to ask, once I logged in to my account my new CL was already there! So unlike Cap1 

Before: $3,500

After: $6,500

Very happy about this as this is my goto cash back card!

So for my 2nd card DCU Platinum I noticed I had a Pre-qualified offer for upto $10K. I was worried it would be a HP since I've heard DCU= HP Happy so I called in to speak to a Loan Officer and she assured me it was a pre-qualified SP offer and would only be a HP if I wanted more than the 10k. She asked for my new income and said I qualified for the 10k as long as I can send in proof of income which I did... Bam!

Before: $4,000

After: $10,000

I couldn't believe it, that is my new highest limit.. its a goal I always wanted to reach back when I was getting denied for secured cards and I finally reached it. So at this point i'm feeling invincible. Decided to give Dodge First Bank a call and ask about the CLI policy if it was HP or SP. She said "I can check to see if you qualify for a pre approved offer and if so it would be a SP". She checks and says congrats you qualify for a $2,000 increase!

Before: $4,100

After: $6,100Smiley Wink

So all in all it was a grand total of $11,000 of Credit extended to my profile with no pulls! Really happy about this and just wanted to share. I'm on my way and wouldn't be where I'm at today w/out you great people on this site that showed me the way. I'm planning on doing an app spree in July and this is going to make my file strong for great limits on the new cards!

Advice to the people who are still rebuilding, just remember I was where you were at not too long ago. Patience is your best friend, just keep gardening the cards you have, make ALL your payments on time and you will be up there in no time!

Big congrats on your new increases! Awesome advise too. 

Current Scores: FICO08 670 EQ, FICO08 703 TU, FICO08 661 EX
Goal Score: 700's all 3 (07/2016)
Walmart $6k | Chevron $4k | Firestone $2.2k | Capital One Venture $5.4k | Quicksilver One MC $1.3k | Capital One Platinum MC $1k | Bloomingdales $12k | Amazon Prime $6k | Ebates Visa $12k | The Gap Visa $7k | Banana Republic Visa $7 | Brylane Home $2.6k | Express $2.5k | Overstock $1.85k | Macy's $11.3k | Stash Visa $12k | Lowe's $12k | Care Credit $5k | Macy's Amex $2.1k | Chase Amazon Visa $.5k | Cabela's Club Visa $2k
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!  That makes it easy to ignore the urge to spree on new!!!

Message 17 of 19
Jon123
Valued Member

gotta love those soft pull those soft pull increases, congrats, 

American Express-NPSL-Home Depot-$10,000 Venture-$10,000 Discover-$14,500-Quicksilver$3,000(2)Quick Silver$2,750 (1)Capital One$1,750-(1)Barclay-$3,000-(2)Barclay-$2000-(3) $5000-Old Navy-$800-PayPal-$361-Target-$300 Authorized User--Discover-$4,000-Capital One-$3,250 Best Buy-$4,000-Barclay-$2,000 {Starting scores 550,562,565, Current Scores 683,695,702 }Mortgage score-695(credit Union Source) Goal-over 700 for all scores
Message 18 of 19
TheFate
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.