Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm scared..

tag
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Re: I'm scared..

The cli after 4th statement, is that auto or sp?

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 81 of 109
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

"Now will you take a break from all this apping? "

Yes, these are not the cards I desire. The new CL's will lower my UTL which will help raise my fico.

The cards on my wish list are EX and EQ puller, so I can't get them for a good 6 months.

Is your util high? Are you carrying balances? 
The best way to lower your utilization is to not report a balance, as opposed to applying for a ton of new cards. 

Message 82 of 109
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

I am jealous you were approve for a Wally MC, they approve me for a $900 store card a month ago. Congrats on your mini app spree. I agree it's time to garden. I know it's hard to garden after you start appin. However I recommend you do not app for cards you don't want. It seems like you apped to help your utilization. This could have been done over time by paying down debt and gardening, however if you like it I love it.

Message 83 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your spree!!!  This was an exciting thread, I've almost stopped watching TV since I found this wonderful site.  So much fun, I feel like I have a new group of friends that I spend every evening with. 

Message 84 of 109
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Well I guess I at least have my foot in the door with Barclays. The shot me down on the rewards-average credit.

BTW..a little back story.

Yes, I DO have a high amount of INQ's on EX and EQ. That is why I am 100% gardening for those two. At least 6 months, if not longer.

I am now set on credit. So I am going back to the TU garden.

I plan on working on my current balances, and letting my accounts age. I'm hoping in about 6-8 months, I can get a CC from the bank I want, such as Chase, Discover or Citi. 

These new accounts will help to lower my current UTL, as well.

Here are the results of today's app spree (including the mini one from last week).

Credit One CL $300

QVC CL $800

Walmart CL $400

Amazon Store Card CL $600

Barclay's Apple Visa: $1,200 

Total of new limits: $3,300

What's a TU garden? 

Assuming all of this is real, I suppose congratulations are in order.  I don't want to continue to be the scold.  Hey...if GE/Synchrony and Barclays don't care about 50+ INQs, why should I???  Smiley Wink

I do hope you are sincere about shutting it down for awhile.  More than likely, you will see a short term drop in your scores due to all the new tradelines.  I know you are excited, but these really are Mickey Mouse limits.  If you were to go on vacation for example, you would constantly have to worry about bumping up against your limits with hotel, car rentals, etc.   But they should grow over time (if you let them).  Nothing wrong with SP/auto CLIs!

You've also severely boxed yourself in for the better part of 2 years in terms of financing any major purchase (mortgage, car, etc.).  But it seems like credit cards are the end all, be all right now.  I just hope you realize two years is a long time; priorities can change and you would hate to be denied something you truly want down the road because of a crummy QVC or Fingerhut card.   

Message 85 of 109
baller4life
Super Contributor

He doesn't quite understand the concept of gardening. He thinks he can garden a BUREAU. Go figure.
Message 86 of 109
elim
Senior Contributor

lol, awesome... congrats... way to pursue!

what's the dif between 40 inq's and 45 inq's?

now CLI mode. you should have higher limit's to match when applying for your next card(s).

Message 87 of 109
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Logged into my ebay account this morning and saw an add for the eBay CC and saw it was backed by GE. Smiley Happy

Didn't get the eBay MC, but I DID get the PAYPAL MC.

CL.....$1,500

TU Fico 626

Message 88 of 109
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Called Barclay for a recon of the rewards.

They said I...don't have enough history..

TU Fico 626

Message 89 of 109
wmweeza
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your spree!!!  This was an exciting thread, I've almost stopped watching TV since I found this wonderful site.  So much fun, I feel like I have a new group of friends that I spend every evening with. 

Escape while you still can....lol. It's too late for the rest of us

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 90 of 109
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.