Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I spoke too soon...Amex BCE Auto-CLI.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke too soon...Amex BCE Auto-CLI.

As some of you may be aware, I was approved for a Blue Cash Everyday with an amended offer and only a $500 starting line. The offer mentioned that after five statement credits, I would possibly receive an auto-CLI.

I’ve read around the forum that this is a rarity. I also got overzealous and requested a 3X CLI on day 61. It was denied. Five statements came and went with no auto-CLI.

Eventually, I applied for a Gold Delta Amex and was approved. I gave up on the idea of an auto-CLI on the BCE and decided to focus on growing the Gold Delta.

Flash forward to today, I received an email from Amex stating that because of my good payment history, I received an auto-CLI to 1,000. I’ll take it.

For reference, I paid multiple times per cycle and never reported a balance. This auto-CLI has occurred before my 7th statement cut.

For all of you with “Credit Steps” there is hope.

Stats -
EX - 730
EQ - 733 (2 week’s old)
TU - 737
Util - 15%

I spent $3000 on the Gold Delta in the previous month to meet the minimum spend and paid in full. That card is only 1 month old.
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I spoke too soon...Amex BCE Auto-CLI.

Hi Points,

I got the same amended offer on my AX.  Got the auto the same time tho.  However, they are still not approving another card for me at this time. Smiley Sad    

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They can certainly be a fickle bunch.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea they can.  They are being a thorn in my side for sure. 

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

On their credit steps program I heard you had to have a statments balance. 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn’t follow directions well. But in other posts, I attributed my lack of CLI to not following explicit directions. I understood the card would eventually grow so I wasn’t too bothered. My Target card on the other hand...😤.
Message 6 of 14
601flyguy
Established Contributor

That credits steps program is ymmv. I had it on my bce and didn't realize it until months after being approved. I requested and was approved for cli on day 61. Approved got my 2nd 3x cli as well.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, some of us forget that everything in credit is YMMV, especially when it directly pertains to us.  We, in this instance me, always wish for the most advantageous outcome.  

Kudos to you for the double 3X CLI!

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! Auto luv is nice in any amount!

Message 9 of 14
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Auto!!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.