cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I tripped over a BofA soft pull offer and fell out of the garden...Well, maybe not so soft. lol

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I tripped over a BofA soft pull offer and fell out of the garden...Well, maybe not so soft. lol

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

BofA tempted me with a soft pull for their Cash Rewards card. True to their word, a new account for 10k with no hard pull. I have not read this anywhere in the forum about BofA. It was a shock. I took a hard pull earlier in the month for another of their cards so I am thinking they used that for the offer. I am happy to return to the garden now. Really...Smiley Very Happy

Wow, that is fantastic!!  Huge congrats!  Even if it was a HP, the CL...it was worth it!    Now back to the garden....I'm so bored in the garden😕😕

See you in the garden...We need to grow something really interesting....Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 31
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: I tripped over a BofA soft pull offer and fell out of the garden...Well, maybe not so soft. lol

Congrats! My EX score didn't change either after a HP from FNBO last week. Maybe some of these CC's companies have a back room deal worked out with EX. lol

Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure about a back room deal, but maybe since each person's profile is different, another HP can effect it differently with no impact for some profiles. 

Congrats...I'd still call and ask them about the HP. They made a specific promise and you'd like to see if they can withdrawn the HP or increase your SL as an offset. 

Message 23 of 31
tbque
Valued Contributor

Awesome, Congrats!

Message 24 of 31
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

BofA tempted me with a soft pull for their Cash Rewards card. True to their word, a new account for 10k with no hard pull. I have not read this anywhere in the forum about BofA. It was a shock. I took a hard pull earlier in the month for another of their cards so I am thinking they used that for the offer. I am happy to return to the garden now. Really...Smiley Very Happy

Wow, that is fantastic!!  Huge congrats!  Even if it was a HP, the CL...it was worth it!    Now back to the garden....I'm so bored in the garden😕😕

See you in the garden...We need to grow something really interesting....Smiley Wink

LOL!!!,  ok back to the garden we go.  I get tempted every now and then.  Buttt I am combining a couple of my Cap One cards next month which will be a great situation!    ok, I'm back focused now!😂😂😂

Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL!!!,  ok back to the garden we go.  I get tempted every now and then.  Buttt I am combining a couple of my Cap One cards next month which will be a great situation!    ok, I'm back focused now!😂😂😂

You helped me focus again. Thank you!Smiley Very Happy (I still think we need to grow something really interesting.Smiley Happy)

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Grats

Thanks, Omar!

Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure apply now with no change in credit score meant that you were soft pulled and they saw something they liked. If something changed on your report from the time they soft pulled and the time you applied, then you might not get approved. If there's been no change, then the offer stands.

At least that's what I would have taken it as.
Message 29 of 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Tripped Huh ....Lol

Congrats and don't trip on your way back to the GC Smiley Very Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.