Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT Approval Process

tag
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

IT Approval Process

I applied for the student IT card last evening.  I got the "processing" message.  Then I got an option to create an account, when I clicked on that it asked me to upload some student verification documents.

I plan on doing this.  But when I spoke with a rep online today, they told me to call in and speak with new accounts as they have further verification questions.

I asked her if this had to do with the documentation she stated it could be, but then came back to say something to the effect of it looks like they need more information.

So I ask everyone with experience with Discover, is this a good or bad thing?  Is it "conditionally" approved, so to speak, pending the receipt of that verification?  I will call when I get home.  The nice rep online also stated that it is sort of good because it wasn't an auto decline. 

Nervous lol and hoping some of you great people here can provide some insight, hopefully.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: IT Approval Process

This is a good thing. Submit what they need to verify you as a student. The rep is right.. it's not a decline yet so that's fantastic. Smiley Happy

Best of luck and make sure you update us! Wishing the best for you!

Message 2 of 23
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

It might be good, as long as you got to create an online account and you did not get an auto decline you should be good. Keep us updated Smiley Happy Good luck!

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 3 of 23
cclee
Regular Contributor

My daughter had the same thing happen, they just wanted to verity some info and then she was approved.

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 4 of 23
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Should I call also?  I get so flustered over the phone.  LOL 

Message 5 of 23
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Eyisila wrote:

Should I call also?  I get so flustered over the phone.  LOL 

It wouldn't be a bad thing. Just treat it like it's someone at your job. Hello, my name is XXX. I'm calling to ask about the status of my application... 

You got this. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 23
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone!!

I will give them a call when I get home shortly.  Then I'll give ya'll an update as I get them Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 23
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

It's a good thing.  I applied yesterday, and they asked to send in document verifying my enrollment in school.  I sent it in right away.  Checked the status today, and I was APPROVED!  I think you'll be fine, but good luck! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 23
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Best wishes to you, OP!  Yup keep us updated.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 9 of 23
estukay
New Contributor

This happened to me too.

I applied and got the pending message and to submit two proofs of attending my school. 

I uploaded and was approved next morning. 

I'm preety sure it's a good sign!

Good luck.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.