Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In with Citi...after 2 recons..

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: In with Citi...after 2 recons..

@jnt1231 wrote:
Been thinking about another points card and a new bank to get in with. I haven't had a citi product in 15 years. Was really leaning toward the Prestige, but the TY Premier seemed to suit me much better for my limited travel per year. DW and I are planning for Alaska and Ireland next year, so went with the Premier for the 50k bonus.

Applied Sunday evening and after what seemed like 10 minutes (truly like 30 seconds) application was instantly denied. I called today and chatted with a nice, but very inexperienced CSR about a recon. She said only reason for denial was recent INQ. I told her I would like to have a SR analyst or UW take a look manually at the app, she said "citi doesn't do manual looks". I said thanks, and hung up.

Called this evening on a different number and got a gentleman named Rory. He asked me the purpose of my call, and I stated I wanted a reconsideration and would like to speak to a SR analyst. He said I was in luck, he is one and what can he do to help. I gave him my info and he pulled up the app. I told him I know I was denied for INQ, and he stated he didn't care about it and wanted to review manually. He put me on hold for maybe 3 minutes, came back and said "Mr jnt, I got you approved for 9k and you will get your card in 7-10" I was pretty shocked it went that smoothly, but he did tell me that most CSRs don't look deep enough or at all into apps, and he said that he was glad I tried again to recon because they would have missed a potentially great client.

Scores are in sig. AAoA is 6yr11mo EX, 6yr EQ, they did double pull. I have 10 INQ past 12mo (6 in 6mo) EX, 5 INQ in 12mo (3 in 6mo) EQ

well looking at your scores. Imo.  With 25 inquiries you should have. Been approved. Very few people have scores like that. Congrats. 

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your premier approval!
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jnt1231 wrote:
Been thinking about another points card and a new bank to get in with. I haven't had a citi product in 15 years. Was really leaning toward the Prestige, but the TY Premier seemed to suit me much better for my limited travel per year. DW and I are planning for Alaska and Ireland next year, so went with the Premier for the 50k bonus.

Applied Sunday evening and after what seemed like 10 minutes (truly like 30 seconds) application was instantly denied. I called today and chatted with a nice, but very inexperienced CSR about a recon. She said only reason for denial was recent INQ. I told her I would like to have a SR analyst or UW take a look manually at the app, she said "citi doesn't do manual looks". I said thanks, and hung up.

Called this evening on a different number and got a gentleman named Rory. He asked me the purpose of my call, and I stated I wanted a reconsideration and would like to speak to a SR analyst. He said I was in luck, he is one and what can he do to help. I gave him my info and he pulled up the app. I told him I know I was denied for INQ, and he stated he didn't care about it and wanted to review manually. He put me on hold for maybe 3 minutes, came back and said "Mr jnt, I got you approved for 9k and you will get your card in 7-10" I was pretty shocked it went that smoothly, but he did tell me that most CSRs don't look deep enough or at all into apps, and he said that he was glad I tried again to recon because they would have missed a potentially great client.

Scores are in sig. AAoA is 6yr11mo EX, 6yr EQ, they did double pull. I have 10 INQ past 12mo (6 in 6mo) EX, 5 INQ in 12mo (3 in 6mo) EQ

what's the backdoor number? i applied and got denied due to too many inquiries...but heck...all my bills are paid on time and most of my cards have less than 1% utilization.

and congrats on your recon!

Message 13 of 17
jnt1231
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jnt1231 wrote:

what's the backdoor number? i applied and got denied due to too many inquiries...but heck...all my bills are paid on time and most of my cards have less than 1% utilization.

and congrats on your recon!

Thanks!

The number I called was 800-695-5171 and I called at 8:37 CST if that helps. Maybe the night crew is better to recon with.

FICO 08 EQ-817 TU-820 EX-817 12/07/17 Last App 9/15/17
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL thanks!! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jnt1231 wrote:

That's an incredible job, Good for you !! congrats on your success

Message 16 of 17
jnt1231
Regular Contributor

Thanks again everyone!
FICO 08 EQ-817 TU-820 EX-817 12/07/17 Last App 9/15/17
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.