Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inching My Way Up With Discover

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Inching My Way Up With Discover

@baller4life wrote:
Haha! Thx UncleB! Your post inspired me to call in for another apr reduction. 14.49% down to 13.49%. I'll take it!!

And the awesomeness continues... that's fantastic!   Smiley Very Happy

party.gif

Message 21 of 43
joltdude
Senior Contributor

4 days and no CLI... no rejection letter either though.. and the cli avalible button is back again...

Think i need to cool down a bit... no raised CL either.. This gravy train has come grinding to an abupt halt for my account and I think iv been kicked off ...

Try again after next statement issued?

-J

Message 22 of 43
baller4life
Super Contributor

@jolt when was your last cli?
Message 23 of 43
joltdude
Senior Contributor

36 days ago if i recall... I didnt really expect much this go arund but thought id be thrown a bone...

got the auto cli after third statement literally a day or two after the statement was avalible..

then hit the button.... and got a sizable cli 

waited 31-32 days (basically after fourth statement) hit it again and got the two day....

and that was sunday.... 

(kinda thought id get the first 500 cli .. but nope..)

Some background on that.. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Interesting-Discover-showed-me-some-unprompted...

Message 24 of 43
baller4life
Super Contributor

Awww jolt you have to give it more time than that before you give up. Your Sunday request is probably a denial. You just have to keep trying. Best intervals to mash the luv button are 31/61/91 days. So, I would try again on the 61st day. You have to be patient with Discover. But they will come. 😉
Message 25 of 43
joltdude
Senior Contributor

i figured sunday was a lost cause at this point... but i could be surprised tomorrow.... eh probably not.

=)

they bailed me out with the post-auto cli... now my util is much more agreeable...

so give it another go after the next statement

-J

Message 26 of 43
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@baller4life wrote:
Awww jolt you have to give it more time than that before you give up. Your Sunday request is probably a denial. You just have to keep trying. Best intervals to mash the luv button are 31/61/91 days. So, I would try again on the 61st day. You have to be patient with Discover. But they will come. 😉

+1   Hang in there!

The only time I tried before 91 days was in June, and I was summarily denied (I got a letter with the 'not enough experience at current credit line' reason).  I waited a couple of weeks for the 91 days to be up, and was given $4k - and this was just two weeks after being denied!  When I tried I knew I was a little early, but I assumed they would give me the option to do a HP, which at that time I was fine with (my reports had just become baddie-free).  I'm now thankful that wasn't an option! 

I know some people have been able to get CLIs with Discover after only 31/61 days, but that seems to be hit-or-miss lately.  I would just say take Baller's advice and 'hunker down' and wait a little longer and see what happens!  Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Baller! great thread!

I just got a $500 CLI this morning by pressing the luv button, I'm going to call them and see if I can squeeze another $500 CLI

Message 28 of 43
baller4life
Super Contributor

Thanks Ahmed! And congrats on your cli. Definitely call in. Good luck! 😃
Message 29 of 43
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Super thread baller and congratulations on the steady progress with Discover! Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.