Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant Approval luv

tag
logan_720
Established Contributor

Instant Approval luv

Hey All! 

I guess its been about forever since I've visited but had some great luck this evening and figured I'd share with y'all.

So heres some background:

•  Per an auto loan approval, I'm at 735, with some higher utilization percentages that I am currently paying down. I know higher balances hurt, but its what is working for me now.
  • My income is steady. Working 40+ hours/week for Outerwall Inc. (owner of Redbox, Coinstar, etc.)
  • Part time student
  • No bills aside from mobile phone, credit cards, and medical insurance

I currently have 4 cards I use religiously with a total arsenal of 7 cards:

1. Chase Freedom
  2. Discover IT
  3. Amex Hilton HHonors (the black one)
  4. BankAmericard Privelages w/ Travel Rewards

This evening I was getting tired of the fact I had never seen an auto CLI on my Amex and figured I would submit a manual request for 3x the limit, totaling $3,000. That was met with the 7-10 day letter in the mail. I then wanted to go ahead and take advantage of the Chase Slate balance transfer offer and 0% APR for the next 15 months, and wanted to also go for the Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card, as I fly United regularly.

The Slate was instantly Approved @ $2,000, and the MileagePlus Explorer card was approved @ $5,000 (My first Visa Signature card) which I was able have raied to $10,000 fairly easily. 

You could say I'm pretty happy with myself, considering my age being 21, and I just started with one American Express Zync card back in January of 2012.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Instant Approval luv

Thats excellent! Looks you know what your doing with your credit, congrats!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 6
logan_720
Established Contributor

Thank you! 

I saw in your signature that you don't have any tradelines. Personally, I would recommend a charge card with American Express, or Discover IT student card (http://goo.gl/hWImim). Discover is really great and its a card you can keep forever. Plus, the cashback accrues like crazy. Smiley Happy

-Logan

Message 3 of 6
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Yeah I dont at the time which sucks, Ive applied for store cards and didint get approved so Im assuming neither would AMEX or Discover Student. Especially Discover since Im not in college. 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! Any idea how many pulls from Chase?
Message 5 of 6
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Thats awesome, congrats! Definitely one of the best things us younger guys can learn at our age... how to manager our finances!

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.