Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Barclays reaction :)

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Interesting Barclays reaction :)

In March I purchased a new motorcycle and looked at different financing options. The surprising part was the use of a 1% BT convenience check with 0% APR was by far the best option out there for me.  I hesitated a bit because it would increase the utilization massively on my Sallie Mae but figured what the heck... they offer these checks and I will simply use them.  Instead of getting spooked - this morning I got a nice surprise from Barclays

SallieMaeCLI.jpg

Thank you Barclays !  For me definitely the favorable lender with best offers and appreciation ...lol

I am glad I did go ahead as I am having a lot of fun with my motorcycle cruising around Smiley Happy

edit: typo

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Interesting Barclays reaction :)

Cha Ching 

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
krial
Regular Contributor

Similarly, last time we bought a (used) car our best option turned out to be paying with the Double Cash for 2% cash back, followed by a 1% balance transfer to Sallie Mae.

Saved paying any interest at all, and the balance transfer fee to Barclays was more than negated by the cash back from Citi.

Goal: 800, Current Scores: EX 735, EQ 746, TU 745
Message 3 of 10
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@krial wrote:

Similarly, last time we bought a (used) car our best option turned out to be paying with the Double Cash for 2% cash back, followed by a 1% balance transfer to Sallie Mae.

Saved paying any interest at all, and the balance transfer fee to Barclays was more than negated by the cash back from Citi.

That is what I first thought I would be doing as well but then I figured I would  press it further and made the deal of 10% additional discount by paying cash for the new motorcycle ..dealer hesitated a bit with 10% but then agreed ..so at the end it is a 9% benefit for me paying on credit like this Smiley Happy  

Message 4 of 10
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

mysteriously double posted

Message 5 of 10
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Cha Ching 

Congrats 

Gotta love that sound...lol

Message 6 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Congrats, my friend! 

Sometimes the "stars just align", and it looks like they have for you!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nice! Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

That's awesome! congrats on your barclay sucess!!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outstanding!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.