Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting PenFed BT and CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting PenFed BT and CLI

So Amex refuses to  reduce my 18% apr with a 6k balance because i was 2 days late end of last year when i switched banks and forgot to 
swithch the autpay with Amex online. anyway..

I dont want to pay that interest so I called PenFed a few months ago for a CLI and I was told the Promise visa is a low CL card and if I wanted
a larger CL I would have to transfer the card to another product.. I said NTY because I will always need a low apr card ..(Currently 8.5 I think?)

I am in the middle of apping for a mortgage and eveyrone knows your cannot have new accounts so I called Penfed and told em about the 6k BT
but I did not want to go over 30% buit my Promis CL was at 7k.

The CS said hold on and he called the CA who approved me for 12 k, then I said it wasnt enough for under 30% util so he put me on hold and asked
for more (20k) and they he came back on to ask me about my income and not what.... then came back and said they approved to 20k which is nice.

Also the no fee BT @ 5% fixed APR for12 mo is a SUPER deal for not being able to open a new CC with 0 APR For intro period.

I get about 1 of those a day.. sometimes from the same company more than 1 a day!

TY Pen Fed.

http://imgur.com/a/6wUlt

PS So far no HP alerts which I thought was strange...

Also  when I called last time , the rep told me not to waste an attempt to get a large CL with Promise... I guess she was wrong eh ?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Interesting PenFed BT and CLI

Nice job congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unreal ... great CLI and overcoming the "no" answer! Another myfico'er gets a "yes" Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job...POI required?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice job...POI required?

No POI request.I  have not gotten any request and so far no alerts for a HP....which is surprising since the score they had for me on their site is quite a few months old.. eh .?

PS My BCE AMEX is at 29k.. so not sure if that is related, and that WAS the card I was trying to BT To close it out (my words to the CS)

Message 5 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So Amex refuses to  reduce my 18% apr with a 6k balance because i was 2 days late end of last year when i switched banks and forgot to 
swithch the autpay with Amex online. anyway..

I dont want to pay that interest so I called PenFed a few months ago for a CLI and I was told the Promise visa is a low CL card and if I wanted
a larger CL I would have to transfer the card to another product.. I said NTY because I will always need a low apr card ..(Currently 8.5 I think?)

I am in the middle of apping for a mortgage and eveyrone knows your cannot have new accounts so I called Penfed and told em about the 6k BT
but I did not want to go over 30% buit my Promis CL was at 7k.

The CS said hold on and he called the CA who approved me for 12 k, then I said it wasnt enough for under 30% util so he put me on hold and asked
for more (20k) and they he came back on to ask me about my income and not what.... then came back and said they approved to 20k which is nice.

@Also the no fee BT @ 5% fixed APR for12 mo is a SUPER deal for not being able to open a new CC with 0 APR For intro period.

I get about 1 of those a day.. sometimes from the same company more than 1 a day!

TY Pen Fed.

http://imgur.com/a/6wUlt

PS So far no HP alerts which I thought was strange...

Also  when I called last time , the rep told me not to waste an attempt to get a large CL with Promise... I guess she was wrong eh ?

I guess the moral of this story is to (a) call them and (b) be persistent

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

One additional note.. I was doing some thinking .. that if they raised my CL for my promise last week from 12.5K to 20K w. no HP..
I thought hell let me ask about the PLOC of 10k... so I called.. and the CS said .. there is a chance it could be a HP which I didnt
like because I'm in the middle of mortgage process.

He said top PLOC CL was 25k so I said lets try for the whole thing. He hit to buttons and said .. it went to  an analyst but hold on let
me call over.. which he did .. went on hold for a while and he said CONGRATS .. you got the full 25k and no HP.

I looked on all my reports and the last PenFed HP was 061215 on EQ. I live in NY btw.

Thought it was quite interesting.. why I asked why no HP .. he said something like .. "i was told they did a retro check"... or something.

Just thought I would mention... i was SURE I was going to get at least 1 HP out of this.. but 0. What luck!

I'll go get a lotto ticket now.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since the max non colateral exposure you can have with penfed is 50k I asked them to mod my request
to have 15K in the PLOC and 35K in the Promise.

BTW has anyone noticed the APR has gone way up for new applicates? Its like 10+ and
when I apped with it was 7.99. Terms must have changed. The CS was quite surprised at the rate
I had...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.