Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Sam's Club MC CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting Sam's Club MC CLI

So I have a funny story regarding my Sam's Club MC CLI and figured I would share it.

I was pre-approved for this card in store almost 2 weeks ago and was given a $4400 limit.   I tried calling credit solutions to see about getting an increase on the card like I had read many people had done.   I didn't have the card or account number but assumed they could put up my account etc etc. I speak with a guy who I give the info too and as usual go through the normal process of trying for a CLI with Synchrony bank.

I asked for 25K and after several minutes the guy came back and said they were able to offer me 15K so I said that it would be fine.  I'd say maybe 3 hours later I get a phone call from a guy at Synchrony Bank (couldnt tell if it was the same guy or not) and he informed me that since the account wasn't activated yet I couldn't get the limit increased.   I told him I was confused and that I knew people were able to get CLI's before the card arrived.   He told me to call back when I got the card and he apologized etc etc.

Well I figured it would be fine since my credit was in great shape and I shouldnt have any problems getting it increased when it arrived.

Well the card arrived today along with my Discover so I decided to call Synchrony back.  Asked for 25K and was approved for the FULL amount!

Guess my patience paid off nicely!  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Interesting Sam's Club MC CLI

Awesome, that worked out in your favor.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outstanding!

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, very nice.  Congrats!

Message 5 of 15
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

Nice CLI.  Care to share your TU score? 

Message 6 of 15
someg33k
Established Contributor

Congrats on approval and cli.

That is very odd though. I was approved for this card two weeks ago. Called for cli 5 minutes after approval and got it. They reported the card to credit bureaus already with that cli included.

So you seem to have had a very uncommon experience.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CJ7 wrote:

Nice CLI.  Care to share your TU score? 

TU is currently 743.   Thank you!

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@someg33k wrote:

That is very odd though. I was approved for this card two weeks ago. Called for cli 5 minutes after approval and got it. They reported the card to credit bureaus already with that cli included.

Yea I actually called credit solutions the FIRST time when I was driving home from Sam's.   The guy told me without even getting started that I needed to wait until I got the card to request the CLI.   After reading on the forums that people were able to get it without card in hand, I tried again which led to the 15K increase (or so I thought)

Def crazy experience but worked out well in the end.

Message 9 of 15
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@someg33k wrote:

Yea I actually called credit solutions the FIRST time when I was driving home from Sam's.   The guy told me without even getting started that I needed to wait until I got the card to request the CLI.   After reading on the forums that people were able to get it without card in hand, I tried again which led to the 15K increase (or so I thought)

Def crazy experience but worked out well in the end.

Usually cli is possible without the card for the store accounts. For the MC credit card verions, as far as i know, you have to wait for the cad to arrive. If you have read people saying they got approved and right away got a cli on the walmart or sam's club card, those may surely be the people that were approved for the "Store Card" versions, not the credit card versions.Nevertheless, congrats on the approval and the cli.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.