Not applicable

Re: Interesting data point on Citi Simplicity Approval

Very nice, congrats !

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the nice approval!

My info -  I have been getting mailers for a few months but the apr was always over 20% so I didn't apply.  My latest mailer offered 18.24% mo no apr for 12 mo.   I decided to check the pre-qualifier with a couple other links using different browsers.  I had different offers.  16.24% with no interest for 15 mo. was my best offer 

I went to Citi to see what they offered before I pulled the trigger.  To my surprise, I had a no interest for 18 mo then 13.24% offer.  (note:  The apr matches my Chase Freedom acct) I took the offer mainly for the 18 mo. no interest.  I chose to go with the double cash instead of the simplicity.  One thing I noticed about the mailers-  any time I checked the pre-qualifier on the Citi site, I got a mailer a few days later.  I quit checking it because of the higher apr but continued to get mailers.

I got my card yesterday and it is the world elite MC ($3800 SL).  I haven't decided if I want to take another hp for a higher limit.  If they pull TU for cli's, I may proceed. I just have to do some research to verify that.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My info -  I have been getting mailers for a few months but the apr was always over 20% so I didn't apply.  My latest mailer offered 18.24% mo no apr for 12 mo.   I decided to check the pre-qualifier with a couple other links using different browsers.  I had different offers.  16.24% with no interest for 15 mo. was my best offer 

I went to Citi to see what they offered before I pulled the trigger.  To my surprise, I had a no interest for 18 mo then 13.24% offer.  (note:  The apr matches my Chase Freedom acct) I took the offer mainly for the 18 mo. no interest.  I chose to go with the double cash instead of the simplicity.  One thing I noticed about the mailers-  any time I checked the pre-qualifier on the Citi site, I got a mailer a few days later.  I quit checking it because of the higher apr but continued to get mailers.

I got my card yesterday and it is the world elite MC ($3800 SL).  I haven't decided if I want to take another hp for a higher limit.  If they pull TU for cli's, I may proceed. I just have to do some research to verify that.

The HP for my CLI when I received it at activation in July of last year was Equfax.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP!

Another note, a few of those compare sites have higher sign up bonus offers than the perspective cards pre qual site have. I've seen offers for the Amex BCE card $100 more than what Amex had up at the time.
Message 14 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I think it's mostly because mailers tend to be based on older SPs. When you app, the HP is obviously brand new. Sometimes this works in one's favor, or if things have gotten worse, can work against someone. Congrats on the better terms of approval!
Message 15 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
I think it's mostly because mailers tend to be based on older SPs. When you app, the HP is obviously brand new. Sometimes this works in one's favor, or if things have gotten worse, can work against someone. Congrats on the better terms of approval!

kdm makes a very valid and important point. Often overlooked.

If one makes an effort to check the date on the preapproval mailer then do a comparison from that CRA report(s) with a (current) CRA report(s) that a particular lender is inclined to pull, it can bring to the surface if there are any differences and offer a better idea of what to expect.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your DWs approval! Nice SL too.
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval! Citibank tends to pull EQ and/or EX in South Florida.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.