Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting development from American Express

tag
EC341
Established Member

Re: Interesting development from American Express

The American express Costco card is being discontinued early next year, April 2016.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice!! Amex is the next card in line for me.  I have 7 inquiries and my understanding, that is too many for them. I just hope I can be patient lol

Message 12 of 15
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@fury1995 wrote:
It's not coincidence. Most targeted TE cardholders got a BCE with the same starting limit as their starting limit on the TE.

My TE was just 3X increased to $18K so fingers crossed I get a similar email soon. Be nice to have my BCE go to $18K and the Amex TE convert at the same limit to Citi.

I didn't get the same starting limit on my BCE. My TE card was opened in January with a $5000 limit and raised in March to $15,000. My BCE was prequalified in July for $2000 and I got a 3x cli last month to $6000.

They matched my current limit on the TE card today. 

Yeah, I just figured out what the trigger is. It's your limit when the system targeted you. The timing on mine was too close. My TE went to $18K end September and the BCE was issued end of August. 1st statement just hit and the email for the limit increase came. There was a lag. If I had waited to accept the BCE offer and accepted it in September.. my $18K TE card line would have been established for at least a statement.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 13 of 15
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 14 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I hope my BCP will get some luv Smiley Sad. I got my BCP just last month. 

+1

Me, too my friend. 

I have a 'toy' limit of $1k, but I swear, I'm going to milk that 6% grocery store spending for all I can!  Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.