cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Capital One playing with my emotions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Capital One playing with my emotions?

I agree with others who say Capital One is very forgiving. I burned them in my Chapter 13 in 2008, but now after two years with a secured card have both a Quicksilver (5000) and Venture (15,000). I was preapproved for both cards and was hesitant to apply, but after reading the boards took a chance. I am very happy I did. Good luck to you if you decide to go for it. Oh, and I had one set of hard pulls for both cards across all three credit bureaus.

In my wallet: Capital One (secured) 1917; Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000. Total Credit: 51,217.
6/18-FICO: EQ - 777; TU - 717; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board. Gardening until further notice.

Message 11 of 50
Exonumist
Established Contributor

If you have a mailer with no annual fee apply for that. Six months ago I had my Mom apply. Her credit is shot and still in the mid 600s. They approved her for a platinum with no annual fee like $3200 or something. Then I did a chat and got them to add on the Quicksilver rewards. They did it no problem. She just got her credit steps increase and she has an $8k Quicksilver MC with no annual fee. 

Message 12 of 50
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Though I will say that is paying in full every month and she puts all her expenses through it. My Cap1 card started out as a $300 platinum a few years ago. They really aren't that bad. 

Message 13 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pull once if you apply. I burned them a few years ago and I obtained a quicksilver one card back in October
Message 14 of 50
Mike11208
New Contributor

So I am going to take a shower, talk it over with my girlfriend (yes I am whipped) and if she says go for it I will apply. 

I thank you all for the advice, I will do the pre-qaul site one more time before I apply to see if it still has me listed as pre-qualifed, before I app and I will app for multiple cards if I am approved since it seems they only pull once per day. 

If I get denied, you guys owe me lunch Smiley Tongue if I get approved everyone who replied before this post gets something off the dollar menu for lunch.

Message 15 of 50
Mike11208
New Contributor

Because I am paranoid the image below is prequalifed offers its not like the discover crap where they pretend you are pre qualified right?

Message 16 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One's pre-quals are pretty solid--go for it (the Quicksilver one)

Message 17 of 50
Mike11208
New Contributor

Approved for QuickSilver 300 

APplied for the Plat as well however the screen went blank after i hit submit not sure if approved or not. 

Message 18 of 50
Mike11208
New Contributor

I was also approved for the Platnium Card it does not show my limit however.

Message 19 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! It's a low starting limit, but given the circumstances it's understandable. The good news is that the Quicksilver One will grow over time. Not sure if the Platinum would grow, but give it a day or 2 and then check on the status of it.

Message 20 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.