cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Capital One playing with my emotions?

tag
yoyo
Established Contributor

Re: Is Capital One playing with my emotions?

Welcome to the Cap1 family (again)...I burnt them with a BK in 2014 and was approved for three cards and a auto loan....I;ve also opened a savings account with them since they've been sooooo nice.....

In a couple of months...try for the Sony....it's not a pre-approval card; but the Cap1 rep told me you can have up to five accts when them.  I was approved for $750 then three months later , hit the love button and got an extra $1250..of I forgot...got the Khols card as welll...approved at store

Message 41 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mike11208 wrote:

My first experience with Capital One wasn't the greatest. I had just started a business and went to a capital one in the Bronx  I lived in Brooklyn but my business partner lived in the bronx and we registered the business there. Went with all the documents needed to open a bank account. I had started the process online, but then decied to finish it in a branch. When I got to the branch the guy was rude and said we couldn't open an account that capital one doesn't trust people like us. His words I didn't think what he said was racial or anyhting as he my business partner and I were the same race hispanics, so I asked him to clarify he said young thugs, with no regard. I never considered my self a thug, I don't have a harvard education but my business parthner is a duke business school graduate far from thugs but not far from young. 

I left the branch angry, and I didn't even bother to complain to cap1 corporate I just decided to take my business elsewhere and we did we went to the Chase next door and opened an account no problem. 

Fast fwd a week after that, I get a call from Cap One and they wanted to know why I hadn't submitted the paper work for the online business checking account I was opening. I told them what happened at the branch and they apologized and they actually sent a car to pick me up to take me to another branch where I opened an account with them. They also sent a car for my business partner and drove us both to a branch in Manhattan. This was when CapOne just came into NYC. The account never got used because the very next day I got a phone call from the branch where I had the issue. The Branch manager said she saw the complaint and said we misunderstood what her person said, and when I said we didn't she said I was a liar and said that the person at corporate must be a friend of mine to have taken care of us, then she litterally cursed me out. Never used the account again checks I paid for even went to waste. 

So I never gave cap one any more business except for my old credit card with them. Now that they have given me a second chance I might as well give them one and hopefully the relationship this time is a lot better. 

Was that you ???  😁😁

Message 42 of 50
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Heres a FYI  if you still owe Cap 1 from the Charge off, not only is the charge off hurting your score but Cap1 shows a balance with interest and a credit limit on your credit report and the balance is for alot more than your limit and is killing your utlization.  Pay it off and your scores will jump!!  The charge off will remain for 7 yrs.

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 43 of 50
schsa210
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!  Cap 1 will def treat you right regardless of what happened in the past.  Take care of these accounts and they will have rapid growth.  My past history with them is similar to yours. 

Good luck on your rebuild.

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 44 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One really is pretty darn good. They've given myself, my wife, and countless other's on this forum a new start. They were the first lender to give me an unsecured CC, first to give me 5K signature, and the only lender, as of today, to give me a 20K CL. I plan on giving them the majority of my business and will carry them always. Some people will state "Cap One isn't prime", but I don't care. My QS and Venture have done more for my credit than any other card I carry. Treat them well and they'll treat you well. If you want proof, read the post from the guy who charged 100K on his CC's just to see which would support him, and which would take adverse action. Cap One was one of the only lender's who DID NOT revoke his credit lines and/or shut him down. That says alot, and the card I want to have in my wallet. 😊😊😊😊
Message 45 of 50
Mike11208
New Contributor

Just received the emails saying my cards on the way. How long do they normally take? I am anxious to put them in my safe lol

Message 46 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took me about a week to get my new cards. Congrats!

In my wallet: Capital One (secured) 1917; Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000. Total Credit: 51,217.
6/19-FICO: EQ - 782; TU - 769; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board. Gardening until further notice.

Message 47 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both my Cap One cards arrived just a couple of days after receiving the email stating "your cars has been mailed". Congrats !!!!
Message 48 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Cap One really is pretty darn good. They've given myself, my wife, and countless other's on this forum a new start. They were the first lender to give me an unsecured CC, first to give me 5K signature, and the only lender, as of today, to give me a 20K CL. I plan on giving them the majority of my business and will carry them always. Some people will state "Cap One isn't prime", but I don't care. My QS and Venture have done more for my credit than any other card I carry. Treat them well and they'll treat you well. If you want proof, read the post from the guy who charged 100K on his CC's just to see which would support him, and which would take adverse action. Cap One was one of the only lender's who DID NOT revoke his credit lines and/or shut him down. That says alot, and the card I want to have in my wallet. 😊😊😊😊

+ 1

You took the words right out of my mouth. 

Message 49 of 50
Mike11208
New Contributor

Cards arrived today

Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.