cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Been a While - Discover IT APR Reduction and CLI to $39,800!

tag
Tony275
Valued Contributor

It's Been a While - Discover IT APR Reduction and CLI to $39,800!

Hey all, it's been a long while since I've been active but just tried my hand at a couple of my cards today (wife and I recently had major dental work, over $8k out of pocket total so my usage has bumped a little bit recently to about 8% total revolving) - my wallet card is my Cap1 VentureOne that was sitting at a $12k CL, hit the luv button and they bumped me to $15k immediately, gotta love SP CLIs!!

Jumped over to my Disco IT and hit the chat button, asked the nice analyst for a permanent APR reduction and she surprised me by approving me to 13.74% APR Smiley Happy (Prime + 8.99%) - after I closed that dialog box, I hit the luv button and they handed me $5k, bumping me up to $39,800 (AND a 13.74% APR?!?)

All in all a good day! Gotta keep trying to pay down the dental debt with a baby on the way...

Disco FICO has me at a 792

DCU FICO has me at a 742

(ignore my signature, I haven't updated in a while) Total line of credit across all cards is now $188,950

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: It's Been a While - Discover IT APR Reduction and CLI to $39,800!

Dang Dude, Discover Does Dig DaTigerSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your CLI and APR reduction!

Message 3 of 6
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Tony275 wrote:

Hey all, it's been a long while since I've been active but just tried my hand at a couple of my cards today (wife and I recently had major dental work, over $8k out of pocket total so my usage has bumped a little bit recently to about 8% total revolving) - my wallet card is my Cap1 VentureOne that was sitting at a $12k CL, hit the luv button and they bumped me to $15k immediately, gotta love SP CLIs!!

Jumped over to my Disco IT and hit the chat button, asked the nice analyst for a permanent APR reduction and she surprised me by approving me to 13.74% APR Smiley Happy (Prime + 8.99%) - after I closed that dialog box, I hit the luv button and they handed me $5k, bumping me up to $39,800 (AND a 13.74% APR?!?)

All in all a good day! Gotta keep trying to pay down the dental debt with a baby on the way...

Disco FICO has me at a 792

DCU FICO has me at a 742

(ignore my signature, I haven't updated in a while) Total line of credit across all cards is now $188,950

Are you going to put 6mo+1 day on your calendar and try to sweettalk another APR reduction down the road? 

You also might get the other offer.... theres really 3 offers... temp apr reduction (boo) , perm (but lower usually...) (yes), and the zero on all new purchases for 12 months.... (Sometimes this is as useful or better than the perm offer).... 

Id mark it down and give it a whirl in 6 mo (and a day or so).. They dont see too strict at least the last time i tried...

only gotcha you have to wait until the 0 is over if you get that offer to try again for a apr reduction...

Sometimes speaking sweettalk to Miss Disco is rewarding =)

-J

Message 4 of 6
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Very impressive, CONGRATS!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome!

Congratulations.  Love that interest rate!!  B-E-A-Utiful!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.