cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's HOT!! PenFed Platinum Rewards Approval!

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

It's HOT!! PenFed Platinum Rewards Approval!

I’m officially a Penfed member!!! Smiley Happy

Approved for PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $5,000 13.24%.

Been gardening since last December and waiting on some EQ INQs to finally drop off. Well that they did so i accelerated my planning and came out of the garden early to add 5/3 and Huntington National cards. Also added Citi Aadvantage to complete that final one on my list.

I was sure after those that i was all done for another 6 months but everyone is been ever so helpful in contributing their results to baller4life's PenFed thread, and since i was already out of the garden anyway i decided to apply for PenFed membership myself and was instantly accepted.

After membership confirmation email and setting up my new credit union account i applied for the PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Siggy. Mine went to review since i do gov contract work and after submitted some credentials was APPROVED!!!

I'm fairly sure that my EQ FICO was down to 711 from an earlier approval so i wasn't quite sure if i even had a chance or not.

Thrilled to pieces with the APR they approved me at and i understand they are super good at raising limits big time!!

These people really are fantastic!!

Pen Fed.jpg

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: It's HOT!! PenFed Platinum Rewards Approval!

Congratulations!

Message 2 of 34
baller4life
Super Contributor

Fantastic!!! Now do like so many have done and call back and ask for a supervisor and get that limit raised to $20k+. What's your highest limit reporting?
Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really excited for you, CM7! Congratulations! What a wonderful way to end your week Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 34
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Fantastic!!! Now do like so many have done and call back and ask for a supervisor and get that limit raised to $20k+. What's your highest limit reporting?

Store or Bankcard?

BarneysNewYork is $33K and Capital One Bankcard is $26K

Message 5 of 34
crrredit
Established Contributor

Congrats! Pretty nice that the APR is the same for cash advances. Just in case.

Message 6 of 34
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

WOW!!  BIG CONGRATS to you on your approval!  Welcome to the PenFed family!!! Once I stop building pyramids in Egypt, I hope to have similar success with one of their credit cards! Smiley Wink Enjoy your new card!!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 7 of 34
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@ohreally7654 wrote:

WOW!!  BIG CONGRATS to you on your approval!  Welcome to the PenFed family!!! Once I stop building pyramids in Egypt, I hope to have similar success with one of their credit cards! Smiley Wink Enjoy your new card!!

Best of luck going forward. There is still a lot i need to learn myself regarding different products etc.

I'm just pleased to be in with them.

Message 8 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

Awesome!!! Congrats!! I luv penfed
Message 9 of 34
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@ohreally7654 wrote:

Best of luck going forward. There is still a lot i need to learn myself regarding different products etc.

I'm just pleased to be in with them.

I know the feeling! I would never have even known about PenFed had it not been for this awesome MF community!!  I feel like I truly learn something new and useful everday just being here.

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.