Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JC Penney Increase

tag
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

JC Penney Increase

Since I'm planning to stay in the garden a while, I decided to see if I could get an increase on my JC Penney card.  My current limit is $1650 so I went through the automated system to request a $1350 increase for an even $3000.  Unfortunately the system was unable to process my request and needed to transfer me to a representative.  I told the rep what I wanted, answered a couple of questions and he said the system countered with $2150. 

I happily accepted the $500 increase and will continue my journey in the garden.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: JC Penney Increase

@MsLadyRover wrote:

Since I'm planning to stay in the garden a while, I decided to see if I could get an increase on my JC Penney card.  My current limit is $1650 so I went through the automated system to request a $1350 increase for an even $3000.  Unfortunately the system was unable to process my request and needed to transfer me to a representative.  I told the rep what I wanted, answered a couple of questions and he said the system countered with $2150. 

I happily accepted the $500 increase and will continue my journey in the garden.

Enjoy it! I got my JCP card with a starting limit of $500. It's been two and a half years and i'm now at $5100! GE really treats us good Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 7
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Enjoy it! I got my JCP card with a starting limit of $500. It's been two and a half years and i'm now at $5100! GE really treats us good Smiley Wink

Yes they do.  10 times your original limit in less than 3 years is awesome.  Congrats!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@MsLadyRover wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Yes they do.  10 times your original limit in less than 3 years is awesome.  Congrats!

Thanks a bunch! Though working there with the employee discount on top of the other discounts through the years has made me (and my mother) put a LOT of money through that card over that time period...so the CLIs were MORE than justified XD

Message 4 of 7
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increase!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 7
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 6 of 7
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

WOW thats awesome seems like JCP wasnt giving cli because lots of people were being denied, nice to see that they are still giving cli and counter offering, CONGRATS! thats a nice CL for JCP

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.