cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCP LUV Button Returns...and I FINALLY Get a CLI!!!

tag
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

JCP LUV Button Returns...and I FINALLY Get a CLI!!!

Though they are notoriously generous to others on this forum, GECRB has been stingy for my cards (Wal-Mart, JCP, CareCredit, Old Navy).

Well, today I clicked the LUV button on my JCP card...and instead of getting the usual "We cannot process CLI requests online" or "Your account is not eligible for an increase at this time", I get THIS:

We are pleased to inform you that, effective immediately, your credit line has been increased to the following:

Credit Line:                         $1,500

Previous credit line? $200...used heavily, but usually at CVS Smiley Very Happy

LUVin GECRB RIGHT NOW!

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: JCP LUV Button Returns...and I FINALLY Get a CLI!!!

CONGRATS!!

I would try this # after 4 months 1877 379 8173

They can review your account for a better CLI.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 7
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

That's a nice increase -- CONGRATS!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 7
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

Though they are notoriously generous to others on this forum, GECRB has been stingy for my cards (Wal-Mart, JCP, CareCredit, Old Navy).

Well, today I clicked the LUV button on my JCP card...and instead of getting the usual "We cannot process CLI requests online" or "Your account is not eligible for an increase at this time", I get THIS:

We are pleased to inform you that, effective immediately, your credit line has been increased to the following:

Credit Line:                         $1,500

Previous credit line? $200...used heavily, but usually at CVS Smiley Very Happy

LUVin GECRB RIGHT NOW!

Wonderful!!! Great to know! Last time I did a CLI on it through the automated sytem was in January, so I'll have to wait until April...hopefully the button will still work by then!

Message 4 of 7
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice increase, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 7
BRmacguy
Established Member

I had tried last month and got the same message about "unable to process".  After seeing your post, I logged on, and tried it again.  It went to the income screen and then BAM!  Increased from $700 to $2200!  I was very surprised, since I had pretty high utilization on it post holidays.  GE has been pretty generous to me the past month or so, getting increases on my Lowes and Old Navy, now JCPenny.  I'm coming up on my 4th statement with the Walmart Discover, so I hope my good luck streak continues!

Starting scores: 550-575 all 3
Current Scores:644 EQ (myfico 2-27-13), 659 TU (myfico 2-29-13) 659 TU (walmart fico 2-4-13, 690 EX Fako (credit sesame 2-6-13)

Discover More $1300, WalMart Discover $3000, Orchard Bank $500, Amazon Store Card $2300, Lowes $5000, JCPenny $700, Old Navy $1200, Buckle $300
Message 6 of 7
NikJ4
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!

I would try this # after 4 months 1877 379 8173

They can review your account for a better CLI.

I called that number and was told it would be a HP so I didnt proceed. Anyone else have that issue?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.