07-07-2013 12:55 PM
07-07-2013 07:42 PM
Word of advice, pay it off before the bill cuts, this way it shows on the CR as a $0 balance. Wait 91 days after opening and use the LUV button on GE's website. You will get an increase.
07-07-2013 08:20 PM - edited 07-07-2013 08:21 PM
By the way... JCP now sends coupons similar to Macy's - I get them via text. Every little bit helps. : smileywink:
OP, Congrats! Not to mention, we also have a rewards program! So not only do you receive public coupons like lexie mentioned, you will also receive:
- a $10 rewards coupon when your card comes in the mail
- exclusive jcp CC holders only coupons (usually one-time use coupons, such as $10 off of $10)
- exclusive jcp CC holders promos (like this weekend, which you probably benefitted from! 20% for using your jcp card!)
- a $10 reward coupon for your birthday month
- special financing offers (they have them on fine jewelry, window treatments, furniture, and mattresses, 0% for 12 months on certain minimum spends. right now i'm using it on this nice new queen bed i'm currently lounging on! furniture and mattresses i believe are $1000 or more)
essentially everytime you use your card, you gain 10% "rewards". every $100 you spend per month, you earn a $10 reward coupon, on up to $1,000 of spending! that's up to $100 coupons per MONTH! rewards will be sent to you through the mail, redeemable for the next month. or, if you go to jcprewards.com, you can have the rewards sent to your e-mail and phone! jcprewards.com also helps you keep track of your monthly spending on the card, and occasionally offer sweepstakes. so remember that bed i mentioned I bought? i'm guaranteed $100 worth of coupons this month, and am likely gonna use them to get an area rug for FREE! (or close to free!)
honestly, i can't think of a better store card rewards-wise (and i'm not just saying that because i work for the store!) so enjoy it and reap the rewards!
07-08-2013 12:08 AM
Banana REP and Old Navy have some good rewards too. For every 1000 points, you get a 10$ voucher. You can instantly get 2500 bonus points if you sign up for paperless statement, email promotions, and other store promotions. It's a one time thing but that's 20$ worth of free merchandise.
I have the JCP card and the coupons are non stop. 20% off, or save 25$ off your next 100$ purchase and this and that. I like JCP because the prices are reasonable, not like MACYS (have that card too) where a damn polo shirt is 85$ and that's AFTER clearance LOL.
07-08-2013 04:45 AM
07-08-2013 05:09 AM
Congrats and listen to these wise people about maximizing your coupons. No reason to spend money you don't need to.
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.