Mega Contributor

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!

@myjourney wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

Thank you! But does anyone know the answer to my above questions ? I have only gotten this far with the help of the myFico community. Started off with a 487 Score!

- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.After you get your card call in some CSR will tell you were the limit is set ....

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report? And yes do it right now to reduce the likely hood of a 2nd HP

YMMV

Very rarely does AMEX CSRs give internal limit info out. I would use the check spending ability button online.

They do and will if you tell them your thinking about making a large purchase 

I think that is YMMV. More posters report no go than getting the info.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 56
Rackham94
Established Contributor

OP can you post info about your scores and average age and inquiries on CRAs? EXP pull only?

Message 22 of 56
myjourney
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

Thank you! But does anyone know the answer to my above questions ? I have only gotten this far with the help of the myFico community. Started off with a 487 Score!

- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.After you get your card call in some CSR will tell you were the limit is set ....

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report? And yes do it right now to reduce the likely hood of a 2nd HP

YMMV

Very rarely does AMEX CSRs give internal limit info out. I would use the check spending ability button online.

Exactly LS that why im telling OP don't do it now

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 23 of 56
agforfree5
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

YMMV

Would applying for other cards trigger a FR as well?

Message 24 of 56
LS2982
Mega Contributor

FR is a YMMV thing. It usually stems from:

AMEX thinking you fibbed on your income

Unusual high spending patterns

Critical report changes

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 56
myjourney
Super Contributor

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

YMMV

No you will be fine go for the costco...do you have a membership with costco already? that can help in some cases YMMV 

if not it will be on hold if approved until they setup a costco membership which will be your first charge

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 26 of 56
agforfree5
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

YMMV

No you will be fine go for the costco...do you have a membership with costco already? that can help in some cases YMMV 

if not it will be on hold if approved until they setup a costco membership which will be your first charge

Thank You! I will go fot it. Tried to call Amex New accounts for my amex green limit.. but, they are closed right now :-(

Message 27 of 56
myjourney
Super Contributor

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@agforfree5 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

YMMV

Thank You! I will go fot it. Tried to call Amex New accounts for my amex green limit.. but, they are closed right now :-(

Good Luck fingers crossed 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 28 of 56
HiLine
Blogger

Congratulations and welcome to the American Express family! Cat Very Happy

Message 29 of 56
Rackham94
Established Contributor

OP can you post info about your scores and average age and inquiries on CRAs? EXP pull only?

Message 30 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.