Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Contributor
Posts: 113
Registered: ‎09-26-2012
0

JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!

I am STOKED!!  my first Amex card! I tried to apply for a Costco/Amex last year and got denied. Today, I got an offer letter in the mail for the Amex Green and I applied and got approved! Although I am super excited that I am an Amex member, what does the Amex Green card mean ?

- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report?

 

Amex Experts please help!

 

Thanks.

Senior Contributor
Posts: 7,682
Registered: ‎01-05-2013
0

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!

Congrats!

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 30,757
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Contributor
Posts: 113
Registered: ‎09-26-2012
0

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!


myjourney wrote:

Congrats 


Thank you! But does anyone know the answer to my above questions ? I have only gotten this far with the help of the myFico community. Started off with a 487 Score!

Senior Contributor
Posts: 5,475
Registered: ‎06-05-2013
0

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!

Gratz! Even though it is a charge card you are right that there is a ceiling on the charges, but I think it varies from person to person. I would call and ask to be sure, so that you don't get declined when you go to pay due to having too large of a balance outstanding.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 790 7/24/16, Last App 7/5/16
Goal Score: 800 In garden until undecided
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,453
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!


agforfree5 wrote:

I am STOKED!!  my first Amex card! I tried to apply for a Costco/Amex last year and got denied. Today, I got an offer letter in the mail for the Amex Green and I applied and got approved! Although I am super excited that I am an Amex member, what does the Amex Green card mean ?

- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report?

 

Amex Experts please help!

 

Thanks.


LMAO!!

 

Another cold app with no idea what the cards T&C are! 

Priceless!!

 

CONGRATS!!! Smiley Happy




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎04-01-2013
0

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!

LMAO!

 

They appear in a pop-up right before completing the application!! Smiley Very HappyDDD

 

Anyway I want to creep out this garden tonight perhaps....

 

What are your scores and inqs and age of accounts, please sir.

Contributor
Posts: 113
Registered: ‎09-26-2012
0

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!


Rackham94 wrote:

LMAO!

 

They appear in a pop-up right before completing the application!! Smiley Very HappyDDD

 

Anyway I want to creep out this garden tonight perhaps....

 

What are your scores and inqs and age of accounts, please sir.


Ah I must have missed that. Yeah it pretty much was a cold app because I would take anything from Amex because I hated getting denied by them as I mentioned earlier.

 

Would you guys happen to know if it is just a soft pull now when I apply for other Amex cards  ?

 

 

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 30,757
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!


agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Congrats 


Thank you! But does anyone know the answer to my above questions ? I have only gotten this far with the help of the myFico community. Started off with a 487 Score!


- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.After you get your card call in some CSR will tell you were the limit is set ....

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report? And yes do it right now to reduce the likely hood of a 2nd HP

YMMV

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,453
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!


agforfree5 wrote:

Rackham94 wrote:

LMAO!

 

They appear in a pop-up right before completing the application!! Smiley Very HappyDDD

 

Anyway I want to creep out this garden tonight perhaps....

 

What are your scores and inqs and age of accounts, please sir.


Ah I must have missed that. Yeah it pretty much was a cold app because I would take anything from Amex because I hated getting denied by them as I mentioned earlier.

 

Would you guys happen to know if it is just a soft pull now when I apply for other Amex cards  ?

 

 


Yes, SP if denied HP if approved.




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.