Contributor
agforfree5

JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!

I am STOKED!!  my first Amex card! I tried to apply for a Costco/Amex last year and got denied. Today, I got an offer letter in the mail for the Amex Green and I applied and got approved! Although I am super excited that I am an Amex member, what does the Amex Green card mean ?

- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report?

Amex Experts please help!

Thanks.

Valued Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!

Congrats!

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Congrats 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Contributor
agforfree5

myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

Thank you! But does anyone know the answer to my above questions ? I have only gotten this far with the help of the myFico community. Started off with a 487 Score!

Valued Contributor
red259

Gratz! Even though it is a charge card you are right that there is a ceiling on the charges, but I think it varies from person to person. I would call and ask to be sure, so that you don't get declined when you go to pay due to having too large of a balance outstanding.

Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 730 6/27/14
Goal Score: 800 In garden until 1/2015
Mega Contributor
LS2982

agforfree5 wrote:

I am STOKED!!  my first Amex card! I tried to apply for a Costco/Amex last year and got denied. Today, I got an offer letter in the mail for the Amex Green and I applied and got approved! Although I am super excited that I am an Amex member, what does the Amex Green card mean ?

- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report?

Amex Experts please help!

Thanks.

LMAO!!

Another cold app with no idea what the cards T&C are! 

Priceless!!

CONGRATS!!! :smileyhappy:

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
Rackham94

LMAO!

They appear in a pop-up right before completing the application!! :smileyvery-happy:DDD

Anyway I want to creep out this garden tonight perhaps....

What are your scores and inqs and age of accounts, please sir.

Contributor
agforfree5

Rackham94 wrote:

LMAO!

They appear in a pop-up right before completing the application!! :smileyvery-happy:DDD

Ah I must have missed that. Yeah it pretty much was a cold app because I would take anything from Amex because I hated getting denied by them as I mentioned earlier.

Would you guys happen to know if it is just a soft pull now when I apply for other Amex cards  ?

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

Thank you! But does anyone know the answer to my above questions ? I have only gotten this far with the help of the myFico community. Started off with a 487 Score!

- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.After you get your card call in some CSR will tell you were the limit is set ....

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report? And yes do it right now to reduce the likely hood of a 2nd HP

YMMV

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Mega Contributor
LS2982

agforfree5 wrote:

Rackham94 wrote:

LMAO!

Ah I must have missed that. Yeah it pretty much was a cold app because I would take anything from Amex because I hated getting denied by them as I mentioned earlier.

Would you guys happen to know if it is just a soft pull now when I apply for other Amex cards  ?

Yes, SP if denied HP if approved.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}