Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,453
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!


myjourney wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Congrats 


Thank you! But does anyone know the answer to my above questions ? I have only gotten this far with the help of the myFico community. Started off with a 487 Score!


- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.After you get your card call in some CSR will tell you were the limit is set ....

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report? And yes do it right now to reduce the likely hood of a 2nd HP

YMMV


Very rarely does AMEX CSRs give internal limit info out. I would use the check spending ability button online.


They do and will if you tell them your thinking about making a large purchase 


I think that is YMMV. More posters report no go than getting the info.




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎04-01-2013
0

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!

OP can you post info about your scores and average age and inquiries on CRAs? EXP pull only?

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 30,749
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!


LS2982 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Congrats 


Thank you! But does anyone know the answer to my above questions ? I have only gotten this far with the help of the myFico community. Started off with a 487 Score!


- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.After you get your card call in some CSR will tell you were the limit is set ....

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report? And yes do it right now to reduce the likely hood of a 2nd HP

YMMV


Very rarely does AMEX CSRs give internal limit info out. I would use the check spending ability button online.


They do and will if you tell them your thinking about making a large purchase 


I think that is YMMV. More posters report no go than getting the info.


Exactly LS that why im telling OP don't do it now

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Contributor
Posts: 113
Registered: ‎09-26-2012
0

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!


myjourney wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Congrats 


Thank you! But does anyone know the answer to my above questions ? I have only gotten this far with the help of the myFico community. Started off with a 487 Score!


- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.After you get your card call in some CSR will tell you were the limit is set ....

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report? And yes do it right now to reduce the likely hood of a 2nd HP

YMMV


Very rarely does AMEX CSRs give internal limit info out. I would use the check spending ability button online.


They do and will if you tell them your thinking about making a large purchase 


I think that is YMMV. More posters report no go than getting the info.


Exactly LS that why im telling OP don't do it now


Would applying for other cards trigger a FR as well?

Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,453
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!

FR is a YMMV thing. It usually stems from:

 

AMEX thinking you fibbed on your income

Unusual high spending patterns

Critical report changes




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 30,749
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!


agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Congrats 


Thank you! But does anyone know the answer to my above questions ? I have only gotten this far with the help of the myFico community. Started off with a 487 Score!


- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.After you get your card call in some CSR will tell you were the limit is set ....

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report? And yes do it right now to reduce the likely hood of a 2nd HP

YMMV


Very rarely does AMEX CSRs give internal limit info out. I would use the check spending ability button online.


They do and will if you tell them your thinking about making a large purchase 


I think that is YMMV. More posters report no go than getting the info.


Exactly LS that why im telling OP don't do it now


Would applying for other cards trigger a FR as well?


No you will be fine go for the costco...do you have a membership with costco already? that can help in some cases YMMV 

if not it will be on hold if approved until they setup a costco membership which will be your first charge

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Contributor
Posts: 113
Registered: ‎09-26-2012
0

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!


myjourney wrote:

agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Congrats 


Thank you! But does anyone know the answer to my above questions ? I have only gotten this far with the help of the myFico community. Started off with a 487 Score!


- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.After you get your card call in some CSR will tell you were the limit is set ....

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report? And yes do it right now to reduce the likely hood of a 2nd HP

YMMV


Very rarely does AMEX CSRs give internal limit info out. I would use the check spending ability button online.


They do and will if you tell them your thinking about making a large purchase 


I think that is YMMV. More posters report no go than getting the info.


Exactly LS that why im telling OP don't do it now


Would applying for other cards trigger a FR as well?


No you will be fine go for the costco...do you have a membership with costco already? that can help in some cases YMMV 

if not it will be on hold if approved until they setup a costco membership which will be your first charge


Thank You! I will go fot it. Tried to call Amex New accounts for my amex green limit.. but, they are closed right now :-(

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 30,749
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!


agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

agforfree5 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Congrats 


Thank you! But does anyone know the answer to my above questions ? I have only gotten this far with the help of the myFico community. Started off with a 487 Score!


- How do I know my limit? I know its a Charge card but there still has to be a limit.After you get your card call in some CSR will tell you were the limit is set ....

-Also, does this mean I can apply for the costco card again without taking a Hard Pull on my credit report? And yes do it right now to reduce the likely hood of a 2nd HP

YMMV


Very rarely does AMEX CSRs give internal limit info out. I would use the check spending ability button online.


They do and will if you tell them your thinking about making a large purchase 


I think that is YMMV. More posters report no go than getting the info.


Exactly LS that why im telling OP don't do it now


Would applying for other cards trigger a FR as well?


No you will be fine go for the costco...do you have a membership with costco already? that can help in some cases YMMV 

if not it will be on hold if approved until they setup a costco membership which will be your first charge


Thank You! I will go fot it. Tried to call Amex New accounts for my amex green limit.. but, they are closed right now :-(


Good Luck fingers crossed 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Blogger
Posts: 3,367
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!

Congratulations and welcome to the American Express family! Cat Very Happy

Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎04-01-2013
0

Re: JUST GOT APPROVED!!! AMEX GREEN!!

OP can you post info about your scores and average age and inquiries on CRAs? EXP pull only?

 

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.