Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jared-CLI Thought I would pass it along

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jared-CLI Thought I would pass it along

I have had my Jared and Kay's card for about 10-11 months now. My Cli was $3800 (which we all know they split them amongst the cards) I paid my Jared card off 2 months a go, and I still carry a small balance on my Kay's (should be paid off next month)

Anyways I go home yesterday they sent me a Jared bill in the mail with a $0 balance on it................and yes I paid this off 2 months ago. In another envelope there is a letter from Jared thats says congratulations since you have been such a good customer, we are raising your credit limit to $5300 and happy Holidays.(lol)

So just sharing the good news if anyone is wondering if you have to wait until your card reaches a year old, the answer is NO, my cards wont be a year old until December.  Also they must be extending more credit or CLI for the upcoming holiday season. So happy responsible shopping everyoneSmiley Happy

Thought I would pass it alongSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

Re: Jared-CLI Thought I would pass it along

congrats Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 8
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had my Jared and Kay's card for about 10-11 months now. My Cli was $3800 (which we all know they split them amongst the cards) I paid my Jared card off 2 months a go, and I still carry a small balance on my Kay's (should be paid off next month)

Anyways I go home yesterday they sent me a Jared bill in the mail with a $0 balance on it................and yes I paid this off 2 months ago. In another envelope there is a letter from Jared thats says congratulations since you have been such a good customer, we are raising your credit limit to $5300 and happy Holidays.(lol)

So just sharing the good news if anyone is wondering if you have to wait until your card reaches a year old, the answer is NO, my cards wont be a year old until December.  Also they must be extending more credit or CLI for the upcoming holiday season. So happy responsible shopping everyoneSmiley Happy

Thought I would pass it alongSmiley Happy

That is good news. I have a Jared and Kay (which split the lines on the CR's) and carry a balance on Kays 600 on a 1500 limit, so hopefully when I PIF soon I can be in that same boat. That is good news. Have had this card for about 7 months now.  

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

I'm glad to hear that it's possible to get a credit line increase without having to go into a store and buy something.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I go into a Jared, purchase a gift card using my Jared card and then use that gift card to pay off the balance?

Message 5 of 8
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

cant i call and ask for a cli for my kay card? is it a hard pull?

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 6 of 8
afjock21
Valued Member

WOAH!! He went to Jarrod!!!

Message 7 of 8
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

no on gift card for payment
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.