Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining the Macys 3 mile high club!

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Joining the Macys 3 mile high club!

Hello everyone, been a couple months since ive had any cli on my Macys account . Macys has so far been a toss up for me in regards to cli. Figured since there has been occasion where i did get cli with a sp not hp, id give it a whirl. My last cli was actually a hp and for only 600 but i guess it was Something right?.

Surprisingly , was approved!. My limit was $2100 and instead of asking for like $5000 or something, kept it more realistic and tried for $900 instead to bring it up to $3000. Nice!! Of note , i do currently have all reports frozen in preparation for my 2 year hibernation in the garden of FICOLAND. I figured if they need my report they would have just flat out denied which i thought was going to happen . I recently baught something for $65 and pif last week so my history is building with them. This right here makes up half of the limit i lost from my closing my Fingerut recently so i an happy. From $300 to $3000 since opening my account so not too shabby. Just wanted to share, great day everyoneSmiley Happy
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Joining the Macys 3 mile high club!

Congrats AJC! 

Nice progress! 

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hello everyone, been a couple months since ive had any cli on my Macys account . Macys has so far been a toss up for me in regards to cli. Figured since there has been occasion where i did get cli with a sp not hp, id give it a whirl. My last cli was actually a hp and for only 600 but i guess it was Something right?.

Surprisingly , was approved!. My limit was $2100 and instead of asking for like $5000 or something, kept it more realistic and tried for $900 instead to bring it up to $3000. Nice!! Of note , i do currently have all reports frozen in preparation for my 2 year hibernation in the garden of FICOLAND. I figured if they need my report they would have just flat out denied which i thought was going to happen . I recently baught something for $65 and pif last week so my history is building with them. This right here makes up half of the limit i lost from my closing my Fingerut recently so i an happy. From $300 to $3000 since opening my account so not too shabby. Just wanted to share, great day everyoneSmiley Happy

Nicely done! (Garden of FICOLAND indeed! lol)

Message 3 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Justagirl73 Smiley Happy Progress indeed.

Thanks ML, im very glad it was sp for the battle begins on the usage /non usage of hpsSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, AverageJoes, very nice!

DSNB is HP happy so I'm surprised they did it, but may have done so with SP because it was only $900. Since they changed their systems and policies, everything seem to be HP with them (decided to close my Bloomingdale's and Macy's cards with them about a year ago).

Message 5 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Humu, and so very true on the hpsSmiley Sad . But i just decided that i have read about some people on our home away from home, myficoSmiley Wink , get clis even with frozen reports so figured at least try it once. I will definitly not make it a habit but thankfully they gave it to me. . Im good for now and that hp i may have gotten is safe for another daySmiley Happy
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Humu, and so very true on the hpsSmiley Sad . But i just decided that i have read about some people on our home away from home, myficoSmiley Wink , get clis even with frozen reports so figured at least try it once. I will definitly not make it a habit but thankfully they gave it to me. . Im good for now and that hp i may have gotten is safe for another daySmiley Happy

Very nice strategy, AverageJoes, and well done! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent news. Enjoy your new SL. Don't spend it all in one place...LMAO!
Message 8 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Davio! Itll be hard but the knowledge that if i ever ask for another cli will probably be  hp will keep me level headed haha. I do enjoy that its a nice even number and hey look at the bright side if this was a Kohls, i would be maxedSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Davio! Itll be hard but the knowledge that if i ever ask for another cli will probably be  hp will keep me level headed haha. I do enjoy that its a nice even number and hey look at the bright side if this was a Kohls, i would be maxedSmiley Happy

Ain't that the truth about Kohl's.Smiley Tongue  Been at the max for awhile.  I started off with $300 at Macy's and have it up to $8900 which is plenty for me.  Congrats on your increase. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.