cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Approved Discover, CL recon? I just got a 15pts upward jump.

tag
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Just Approved Discover, CL recon? I just got a 15pts upward jump.

Hello

Is it possible to call recon my CL for my just approved Discover iT? When I was approved in Thursday I had a 645 EQ FICO and now its 660.

Would they recon a higher limit?

They also pulled EQ and TU.

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Just Approved Discover, CL recon? I just got a 15pts upward jump.

Discover usually doesn't recon CL. Plus it would probably be a Hp.
Message 2 of 14
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

You can always try. Worst answer you'll get is no. What was the limit they have you?

I have a feeling that even with score increase you won't get an increase. You're gonna have to use that card a lot to establish you're spending patterns with then. Even then discover, is very conservative with increases .

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

+1

And it looks like they've given you largest CL. Can't count Kay's since its not on your CR's.

I think you should leave well enough alone but if you want to try- go for it. Good luck!
Message 4 of 14
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@zerobacan wrote:

Hello

Is it possible to call recon my CL for my just approved Discover iT? When I was approved in Thursday I had a 645 EQ FICO and now its 660.

Would they recon a higher limit?

They also pulled EQ and TU.

It never hurts to recon. Just make sure anything they do is a soft-pull only.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 5 of 14
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

I did it.

I apped yesterday and was approved for $1500. I called back and asked if I could get a higher limit and was told. "No, you can ask for a CLI in 6mo" I asked to talk to a supervisor, after a brief hold I was told one would call me back within 24h. A lady called me back this morning and after a few questions my initial CL went from $1500 to $3000.

It's worth a shot. Worst thing that is going to happen is a "no".

Starting Score: EQ 599, TU 577
Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 14
credithappy
Regular Contributor

@VegasKyle wrote:
I did it.

I apped yesterday and was approved for $1500. I called back and asked if I could get a higher limit and was told. "No, you can ask for a CLI in 6mo" I asked to talk to a supervisor, after a brief hold I was told one would call me back within 24h. A lady called me back this morning and after a few questions my initial CL went from $1500 to $3000.

CONGRATS

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 7 of 14
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@VegasKyle wrote:
I did it.

Awesome. Congrats on the increase.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 8 of 14
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Grats nice starting cl.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 9 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

HOLY HECK, VEGASKYLE!
Seeing that story is like seeing a ufo.

Op, what you could do...is inform them that your credit report has changed substantially, and if it has been within 60 days (usually the time frame) you could have them re eval your lim based on an "updated" report. That could improve your after promo apr as well?
I should have tried this with Amex BCE app to get my APR improved but didnt. Just remem, it has to be within 60 days.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.