cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just GOT Approved for American Express Lowe's Business Card!!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Just GOT Approved for American Express Lowe's Business Card!!!!!

I just applied for American Express Lowe's Business card and it was approved. Later, I checked the status and it said: It is pending.  Am I really got approved? Is it normal?

Ron.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just GOT Approved for American Express Lowe's Business Card!!!!!

That isn't normal... call 1866 314-0237

Say "other question" then you can type in last 4 of social and zip to hear application status. This phone number also told me my credit limit for my lowes card which was approved on 12/31/12

Congrats on your Approval!!   Lowes card seems to be a very nice rewards card for No AF + OPEN savings Smiley Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 25
Ron1
Super Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

Say "other question" then you can type in last 4 of social and zip to hear application status. This phone number also told me my credit limit for my lowes card which was approved on 12/31/12

Congrats on your Approval!!   Lowes card seems to be a very nice rewards card for No AF + OPEN savings Smiley Happy

Thanks for your reply and the phone no. It didn't give me the CL of the card and it said " It is still under review".  How long did you know your CL of your card? Was it really approved?

Ron.

Message 3 of 25
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Thanks for the phone no. It didn't give me the CL of the card and it said " It is still under review".  How long did you know your CL of your card? Was it really approved?

Ron.

When I applied I got the screen that looked like this:

Approved Business Amex.JPG

Then I checked my application status page and it said AMEX Approvals.jpg

I also got an email saying that the card will be expedited to me. When I called that number it says, "We are pleased to inform you that your application for the Lowes Business Rewards Card from American Express has been approved. You will receive your card no later than January 14, 2013.

Your assigned credit limit is twenty two thousand dollars, If you would like to request an increase, your card must be activated and in good standing. ...  then I hang up 

FICO 9:

Message 4 of 25
Ron1
Super Contributor

I got this screen:

Lowe's Business Rewards Card from American Express OPEN.jpg

Message 5 of 25
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

It seems as though you are approved, but that their system needs to catch up... 

If you call that number maybe you can speak to a rep who can clear up the confusion, maybe they need to do the 3rd party call with your bank to verify identity and address... unless you are already an Amex cardmember. 

I got the same screen that you did, and I added an employee card

FICO 9:

Message 6 of 25
Ron1
Super Contributor

Next screen:

Lowe's Business Rewards Card from American Express OPEN1.jpg

Message 7 of 25
Ron1
Super Contributor

I'm already a Amex cardmember and I have both personal and business cards with Amex. I think they have to manually review to give the CL of the card. It might take a day or two.

Ron.

Message 8 of 25
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

You could also try this number:  1-800-582-6471

Your application might have been put into a holding status for further review.  This can be a sign that they want to give you a initial CL higher than 25k which takes a manual review.  Considering my approval, I don't think you're sitting on a decline.

FICO 9:

Message 9 of 25
Ron1
Super Contributor

Thanks for the number. I will give a try.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.