Super Contributor

Just GOT Approved for American Express Lowe's Business Card!!!!!

I just applied for American Express Lowe's Business card and it was approved. Later, I checked the status and it said: It is pending.  Am I really got approved? Is it normal?

Ron.

Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just GOT Approved for American Express Lowe's Business Card!!!!!

[ Edited ]

That isn't normal... call 1866 314-0237

Say "other question" then you can type in last 4 of social and zip to hear application status. This phone number also told me my credit limit for my lowes card which was approved on 12/31/12

Congrats on your Approval!!   Lowes card seems to be a very nice rewards card for No AF + OPEN savings :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

webhopper wrote:

Say "other question" then you can type in last 4 of social and zip to hear application status. This phone number also told me my credit limit for my lowes card which was approved on 12/31/12

Congrats on your Approval!!   Lowes card seems to be a very nice rewards card for No AF + OPEN savings :smileyhappy:

Thanks for your reply and the phone no. It didn't give me the CL of the card and it said " It is still under review".  How long did you know your CL of your card? Was it really approved?

Ron.

Moderator Emeritus

Ron1 wrote:

webhopper wrote:

Thanks for the phone no. It didn't give me the CL of the card and it said " It is still under review".  How long did you know your CL of your card? Was it really approved?

Ron.

When I applied I got the screen that looked like this:

Approved Business Amex.JPG

Then I checked my application status page and it said AMEX Approvals.jpg

I also got an email saying that the card will be expedited to me. When I called that number it says, "We are pleased to inform you that your application for the Lowes Business Rewards Card from American Express has been approved. You will receive your card no later than January 14, 2013.

Your assigned credit limit is twenty two thousand dollars, If you would like to request an increase, your card must be activated and in good standing. ...  then I hang up 

Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got this screen:

Lowe's Business Rewards Card from American Express OPEN.jpg

Moderator Emeritus

[ Edited ]

It seems as though you are approved, but that their system needs to catch up... 

If you call that number maybe you can speak to a rep who can clear up the confusion, maybe they need to do the 3rd party call with your bank to verify identity and address... unless you are already an Amex cardmember. 

I got the same screen that you did, and I added an employee card

Super Contributor

Next screen:

Lowe's Business Rewards Card from American Express OPEN1.jpg

Super Contributor

I'm already a Amex cardmember and I have both personal and business cards with Amex. I think they have to manually review to give the CL of the card. It might take a day or two.

Ron.

Moderator Emeritus

[ Edited ]

You could also try this number:  1-800-582-6471

Your application might have been put into a holding status for further review.  This can be a sign that they want to give you a initial CL higher than 25k which takes a manual review.  Considering my approval, I don't think you're sitting on a decline.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the number. I will give a try.

Thanks. :smileyhappy:

Ron.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.