Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got APPROVED for Chase Freedom....

tag
happyhome40
New Contributor

Just got APPROVED for Chase Freedom....

I called and asked what my Cl is, I was approved for 5k. That feels great considering how I've had my Discover since 5/12 and they refuse to give me a CLI from 1k. This rounds out my cashback cards pretty nicely. I'm done at this point with apping, I have eight inqs now. I guess it's off to the garden for me. Take that Discover!!!!

HH40
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Just got APPROVED for Chase Freedom....

Message 2 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats on your approval

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!! This is a great card to use in conjunction with BCE and IT!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 16
happyhome40
New Contributor

Thanks everyone. I have been wanting to apply for months but didn't because I was scared due to the amount of inqs that I have. I've stopped using my discover because I'm pissed at them. Chase is offering a gas category whereas discover isn't, so I decided to go for it. I'm truly glad I did.

HH40
Message 5 of 16
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

conratttttt

How your credit file look like ???? score.....baddie...etc....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah! Discover does make me mad with their low credit limits! Grre $4k just isn't enough!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 16
rushx2112
New Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Yeah! Discover does make me mad with their low credit limits! Grre $4k just isn't enough!!

I'd take 4k... highest is 3k so far... hoping to get the AMEX gold at the end of the month once my utility is reporting low on all my cards!

Message 8 of 16
jbunton444
Valued Member

@happyhome40 wrote:
I called and asked what my Cl is, I was approved for 5k. That feels great considering how I've had my Discover since 5/12 and they refuse to give me a CLI from 1k. This rounds out my cashback cards pretty nicely. I'm done at this point with apping, I have eight inqs now. I guess it's off to the garden for me. Take that Discover!!!!

HH40

Awesome!  Chase was my most difficult approval yet!  Long hard journey and moderately difficult recon... ugh.  Glad it's over.

Gardening since 6-28-2013
Barclay's iTunes: $3,500 | Travelocity Amex $3,350.00 | USAA $7,000.00 | Chase Freedom: $2,000.00 | Discover IT $1,000.00 | NFCU cashRewards Visa $22,500.00 | NavCheck $12,500.00 | USAA $7,000.00 | JCP $3,000.00 | Macy's $2,200.00 | Sam's Club $1,100.00 | Care Credit: $3,300.00 | Carson's $5,250.00 | Wal*Mart $1,500.00 | Various others... can't remember most store cards --- Long journey to HERE -- keep up the good fight!
Message 9 of 16
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice CL! Congrats on the approval. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.