Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got an auto CLI from AmEx

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got an auto CLI from AmEx

I just got the email from AmEx, that they've increased my credit limit to $3,000.  I had been stuck at $1,000 so they tripled it. 

As i understand it, I can still apply for an increase, so maybe I'll try for $9,000. That would be great. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Re: Just got an auto CLI from AmEx

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got the email from AmEx, that they've increased my credit limit to $3,000.  I had been stuck at $1,000 so they tripled it. 

As i understand it, I can still apply for an increase, so maybe I'll try for $9,000. That would be great. 

Give it a go. Can't hurt as all requests are SPs

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow awesome! Yes you can still apply for a CLI yourself.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Very nice. How long have you had the account? I was just approved for an Amex Everyday yesterday afternoon, with a $1k limit. 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the account since June. I had been previously denied CLI twice. My latest EX score, from the AmEx website, was 658.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably just purely a coincidence that they both happened on the same day, but I signed on and noticed that my Chase FU went up from $500 to $1000. 

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought you had to wait 180 days from the last CLI, no? Good info-gotta love learning things you didn't know.

Congrats on the CLI.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I thought you had to wait 180 days from the last CLI, no? Good info-gotta love learning things you didn't know.

Congrats on the CLI.

From a user requested CLI, yes. If AmEx gives you an auto CLI, then it does not reset that clock.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Pull the trigger...see what you get. Good Luck !!

Message 9 of 15
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

Love those AUTO CLI's. grats op.

4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.