cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got approved for Victoria's Secret credit card and have a question....

tag
bbb925
Regular Contributor

Just got approved for Victoria's Secret credit card and have a question....

I was putting in my order and a "pre-approved" offer came up and stated I was approved for an initial credit line of $250.00 and if I would like to use it. I accepted it and paid for my purchase with it. I'm thrilled as now I can get rewards and such. How good are they with CLI and how long before they give you one usually? Thanks for any feedback.Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Just got approved for Victoria's Secret credit card and have a question....

6 months at least with some usage and they are really good about automatic CLI... the line will grow very fast if you use frequently.

Message 2 of 25
bbb925
Regular Contributor

Use frequently...I CAN definitely do that!!!! Will it affect getting CLI if I PIF and report 0 balance or should I keep a really low balance each month? Run it up, pay it off, before payment due? What do you think is my best plan?Thanks!

Message 3 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would not not pay it off as the interest is 25.9 I believe or something close.

just use it and pay in full when statement comes unless your worried about util, then pay most of the balance before the statement and then pay the remaining when statement comes.

keep in mind now that you have 1 WFFNB card, in 6 months you can probably have any WFFNB card you want... Express, Pottery Barn, West Elm, Z Gallerie, you can find a list online.

Express also will do pre-approvals if your shopping like Victoria secret did.

Message 4 of 25
john398
Senior Contributor

hey creditaddict, does that 6 month rule apply to there mastercard too or just the store cards?

Message 5 of 25
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

When I had them back in `03-`05 they were good about frequent auto CLI`s. I will WARN the OP that this card will be your friend while you pay it. On the otherhand, if you default or *THEY* actually mess up and fail to post a payment on time, that this account will turn into Frankenstein very quickly. While they can be slow to post anyting positive on a CB report, they very suddenly and judiciously will report anything and I mean anything that is negative. If that payment is due on May 1, 2011 by 12pm eastern time - and they post it at 12:15... ( or you pay in the store at 12:05 )  the very next day you get reported as late.   The best advice I can give is pay early, often, and always confirm on the webiste the payment was recieved and posted.... Dont wait. If they want $10 that is due on May 18, 2011, I would pay them that $10 the day that statement cuts, to give you a 3 week cushion to argue with the brick wall you will run up against. I would also keep printed copies of paymetns as well. If I ever get this card again ( which I doubt I ever will do ), never again will I carry a balance on it

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 6 of 25
bbb925
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I would not not pay it off as the interest is 25.9 I believe or something close.

just use it and pay in full when statement comes unless your worried about util, then pay most of the balance before the statement and then pay the remaining when statement comes.

keep in mind now that you have 1 WFFNB card, in 6 months you can probably have any WFFNB card you want... Express, Pottery Barn, West Elm, Z Gallerie, you can find a list online.

Express also will do pre-approvals if your shopping like Victoria secret did.

Thank you! I want to keep util. low too, as it never hurts to see a credit score go upSmiley Happy  So I think I will pay a lot down before statement comes and then leave $10.00 on the card to make with payment due. Now I have to work my way up the VS ladder to get into VIP!!!!!!! Hopefully some good rewards come with that!

Message 7 of 25
bbb925
Regular Contributor

@lajntx wrote:

When I had them back in `03-`05 they were good about frequent auto CLI`s. I will WARN the OP that this card will be your friend while you pay it. On the otherhand, if you default or *THEY* actually mess up and fail to post a payment on time, that this account will turn into Frankenstein very quickly. While they can be slow to post anyting positive on a CB report, they very suddenly and judiciously will report anything and I mean anything that is negative. If that payment is due on May 1, 2011 by 12pm eastern time - and they post it at 12:15... ( or you pay in the store at 12:05 )  the very next day you get reported as late.   The best advice I can give is pay early, often, and always confirm on the webiste the payment was recieved and posted.... Dont wait. If they want $10 that is due on May 18, 2011, I would pay them that $10 the day that statement cuts, to give you a 3 week cushion to argue with the brick wall you will run up against. I would also keep printed copies of paymetns as well. If I ever get this card again ( which I doubt I ever will do ), never again will I carry a balance on it

Oooohhh thank you! Yeah I will be sure to do that. Thank you, it sure helps to get tips from nice people who had unfortunate instances happen! Good watching out for us newbie's!Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 25
john398
Senior Contributor

@lajntx wrote:

How can they report it late if its not yet 30 days late? anyway thats why its a good reason to pay online atleast 7 days before due date the minimum, thats what I always do

Message 9 of 25
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

Just be careful with them, I had to learn how underhanded WFNNB can be the hard way. The best advice I can give you on that card is use it often, and pay often on it ( in the store ). Store payments always seemed to post immediately. Online took a day, and if you mail them a check..... forget it, as that is where they will get you. Before I started watching my credit closely, I ( like most people ) would mail my payments in 10-14 days before they were due. In most cases that works just fine. Not so with this bank. This is why they use that due by a certain time on the due date BS. I`d mail a payment in 10-14 days in advance. Around 7 days later they check would clear the bank-- YET would not post to the account and "disapear". Miraculously ( for some unknown reason they claimed ) it would post just after 12pm on the day it was due. Coincidence? I wasnt fooled, but  I`ll let you decide on that one. Then the next day they were eager to report a 30 Day late on my CB`s and charge a " late fee ". When I caught on and started doing in store payments, they would report sometime during a 2 week window to update the account. They were one of the few accounts I closed with a ZERO balance just prior to filling for CH 13 in 2005.  I seriously doubt I`ll open another account with them due to their underhanded tactics which only just recently fell off my reports.

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.