Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just received CAP 1 card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received CAP 1 card

Capitol One Platinum, $451.00 CL,  $226.00 cash advance. Gave $300.00 deposit.  No prior credit history.  Question:  None of the docs. included say it is secured.  

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just received CAP 1 card

Congrats on your start with capital one!
Message 2 of 20
Pway
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Capitol One Platinum, $451.00 CL,  $226.00 cash advance. Gave $300.00 deposit.  No prior credit history.  Question:  None of the docs. included say it is secured.  

Congrats on the approval.  You have a partially secured card with capital one.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 20
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pway wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval.  You have a partially secured card with capital one.

Could you elaborate on this partially secured card?  I applied for secured,  means I got a better card? 

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're on your way to much better cards in no time. Keep up the payments and you'll do great.

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You're on your way to much better cards in no time. Keep up the payments and you'll do great.

Thank you very much!

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grats on your foot in the door with credit and Cap1! Cap1 will grow with you.
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all Congrats Creditrat! To answer your questions, your card is secured if you had to make a deposit to receive it. A great thing about Capital One is that their card does not report as secured on your credit reports, and of course does not state secured on it. Partially secured means that your credit limit is greater than the amount you had to deposit. When I got mine, mine was even. My CL was 200, as was my deposit. Cap1 does not unsecure this card, but within a few months you will have other offers for cards that do not require a deposit. 

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

First of all Congrats Creditrat! To answer your questions, your card is secured if you had to make a deposit to receive it. A great thing about Capital One is that their card does not report as secured on your credit reports, and of course does not state secured on it. Partially secured means that your credit limit is greater than the amount you had to deposit. When I got mine, mine was even. My CL was 200, as was my deposit. Cap1 does not unsecure this card, but within a few months you will have other offers for cards that do not require a deposit. 

Got it, thanks.  I will be careful and pay on time all these coming months.  Just a waiting game...  

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.