Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay Jewelers approved....nice SL!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kay Jewelers approved....nice SL!

Was out with my daughter looking for shoes and stopped over at Kays while she was looking in the shoe stores. A necklace caught my eye and the salesman convinced me to apply for the card just in case I wanted to come back later and purchase.

I figured it would either decline or give me a crazy low limit since I'm only 6 months into my rebuild.....approved for 6k!! My highest credit line ever...never would I have thought would happen Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Kay Jewelers approved....nice SL!

Congrats!! That's a good SL for Kay
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I really wasn't expecting the approval to be that high. My highest limit card is only $2700 so I figured I'd get one of the lower limits from Kay.....I'll take it Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice!

Message 4 of 10
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! Kay's is an excellent, yet often overlooked, rebuilding card. It also grows quite nicely. Don't be surprised if in a year or so, your CL is bordering 8K!

Congrats again!!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats~it a generous starting line. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 10
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks! I really wasn't expecting the approval to be that high. My highest limit card is only $2700 so I figured I'd get one of the lower limits from Kay.....I'll take it Smiley Happy

Congratulations! I was just approved online....not as good a limit, but I'm happy with it! $2000. I was scared to apply because of inquiries, but I did it anyway!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.