Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOL @ Capital 1!!!

tag
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

LOL @ Capital 1!!!

Smiley LOL

Recently I called the EO to PC my old Plat MC and Visa.  When I was told that the CL and interest rate would stay the same, I PC'd my Plat MC (4% interest) to QS.  Since my Plat Visa was at 22.9%, I wasn't about to PC that card.  The EO offered to consider me for a CLI on that card instead.  I said, sure...why not?  How much do I want, she asks?  A million $, but I'll take less!  Ok, $5K, $10K whatever.  Will you take less if offered?  Sure!

Check 1 day, 2 days..... aw heck, lets go for the venture card!  App'd for it and approved for $15K @12.9%!  Sweet!

Sooooo, log into Cap 1 to see if Venture is showing yet or if my Plat is now QS..... and.....wait for it..... THERE IT WAS!  Cap 1 decided to increase my 13 year old $500 CL card to ......... $1000!! Smiley LOL  Seriously?  These guys have no logic to their decision making these days!  ROFLMAO!

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: LOL @ Capital 1!!!

Congrats on a nice approval and good apr%

Message 2 of 22
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Ha! Congratulations!!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats..

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Momof5 wrote:

Smiley LOL

Recently I called the EO to PC my old Plat MC and Visa.  When I was told that the CL and interest rate would stay the same, I PC'd my Plat MC (4% interest) to QS.  Since my Plat Visa was at 22.9%, I wasn't about to PC that card.  The EO offered to consider me for a CLI on that card instead.  I said, sure...why not?  How much do I want, she asks?  A million $, but I'll take less!  Ok, $5K, $10K whatever.  Will you take less if offered?  Sure!

@check 1 day, 2 days..... aw heck, lets go for the venture card!  App'd for it and approved for $15K @Anonymous.9%!  Sweet!

Sooooo, log into Cap 1 to see if Venture is showing yet or if my Plat is now QS..... and.....wait for it..... THERE IT WAS!  Cap 1 decided to increase my 13 year old $500 CL card to ......... $1000!! Smiley LOL  Seriously?  These guys have no logic to their decision making these days!  ROFLMAO!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Congratulations on the $15k Venture approval and that fantastic 4% APR!!! And totally agree with you on their logic.

Message 5 of 22
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

A 13 year old card with a $500 CL and 700ish credit scores???  Gotta LOVE Capital One, LOL!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 6 of 22
TimeLBK
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the Venture card, but a 13 year old card from $500 should have at least 2 more 0's added to it.

Discover IT: $0/$200
Message 7 of 22
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

I agree!  EVERY time I hit the luv button I got declined.....could never understand why this card was going nowhere.  I keep the card for the age.

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

My guess is Cap One would rather have you get a new card then give a higher CLI on an older card.  Each new account gives them a higher market share, and thus more negotiating power.  I would be more than happy to accept a new Venture with a $15k limit over a CLI on an old Platinum card.

Message 9 of 22
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Momof5 wrote:

Smiley LOL

@check 1 day, 2 days..... aw heck, lets go for the venture card!  App'd for it and approved for $15K @Anonymous.9%!  Sweet!

I wonder if Capital One has it set up where they have some internal system for cards for people with bad credit (i.e. $200, $300, etc.. limits) and then cards for people with decent credit who get the big limits.  I'm not dishing on anyone because when I defaulted on my old Capital One back in the day I had like a $500 limit.  I just got Capital One/HSBC off my reports in 2013.  I didn't want to do business with Capital One again because I had never heard of anyone with a serios limit with them.  I did a little research here and found that people were getting big limits so I hit that app button and walked away with 25k between two cards.  I also told others to apply who were rebuilding and they got the $200 and $300 limits.  A few poeple got $1,500 limits.  These people got emails from Capital One stating that if they made 5 on time payments they would be considered for increases.  I never got such an email on my new accounts so I wonder if they split the cards up internally and that's why they dont grow but you can apply and get a whopper of limit at 15k?

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.