Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last few approvals to end a crazy year

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last few approvals to end a crazy year

Since my parents gave me their old car today, I no longer need to look for an auto loan for a new car.  I decided to celebrate by applying for a few cards today before entering the garden until I'm ready for a house (Which is prob at least 2 years out if not more).

Approved today in order:

$1,500 Soft pull CLI on my Citi Double Cash (Brings the total line to $4,500)

$4,500 @ 18.99% APR Chase Freedom (Card #5 in the past 24 months)

$1,000 AMEX Everyday (Low SL, but 3x CLI the dream!  The offers on the card are sweet too!  Kind of strange it didn't tell me APR on approval, guess I have to wait.)

Dropped from a 704 EX to a 685 after the INQ from Chase & Amex.  I'm hoping it'll rebound back up in the next half a year or so.

This whole year has been a crazy roller coster.  I started the year knowing nothing, with only my $550 Capital One Platinum from 2007.  First app of the year was for a Chase Freedom, which got declined since I didn't know what utilization was and a medical collection on my report that wasn't supposed to be there.  Thanks to this forum, I managed to get everything in order on my reports, and had a whirlwind of approvals for multiple prime cards bringing my total CL to $33,050.  I even managed to get my Cap1 Plat turned into a Quicksilver, and get the annual fee perm. removed!

I have to admit, it's pretty satisfying to end the year with a Freedom approval knowing I was declined at the beginning of the year!

Just want to give a huge thank you to everyone who's helped me/posted information that I've used over the last year; you guys/gals have been invaluable this past year!  I wish you all the best of luck; I'll be chilling in the garden on the sidelines for a while!  Hopefully, I'll be able to help other people like me with my limited but growing knowledge regarding credit!  Thanks once again, and sorry as always for the wall of text!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Last few approvals to end a crazy year

Congrats on a nice run!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 3 of 11
live-n-learn
Contributor

Awesome feeling right? Congrats!
My FICO - As of 07/2018
Equifax 730
Transunion 732
Experian 743
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats ~ WTG!!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 6 of 11
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Nice. Congratulations!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 8 of 11
Tryingtogetbetter
Contributor

Congrats! It's so satisfying to look back to where you started and seeing where you are now. I also ended the year nicely with my Sapphire Approval this week. 

Current FICO Scores as of 12/12/15 - EQ-704 TU-736 EX-708
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.