cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late at night the USAA Gods have blessed me...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late at night the USAA Gods have blessed me...

Late night after writing my grueling defense of my thesis for my upcoming college graduation (whoot!) I cold app'd for the USAA Visa Rate Advantage, didn't have high hopes considering Synch declined me for a Marvel Card earlier this week -_-.... but after 30 seconds came back instant approval for $5,000, okay I thought wow in the past USAA has not shown me any love even when Chase and NFCU did. Then I was like eh whatever I am gonna garden for another two years now anyway that I am over 5/24 so I app'd for the Amex rewards because at this point another INQ will not kill me, and wow again instant approval for $5,000! I was speechless. I also got a notification on my USAA app a few minutes later that said you have special offers waiting for you!! I was like whaaat.. pop it open, on the Amex they were offering me a 0% APR on balance transfers for 15 months! Plus 2,500 bonus points just for the first purchase. Hot dang. I feel great I am now down to only one card with an annual fee and will be rolling that into a Slate card when I am under 5/24 in two years!

Here is a break down of my spoils:

USAA Rate Advantage Visa Plat. $5,000 @ 16.15%

USAA Civil Air Patrol Amex $5,000 @19.15%

Edited to add score data points. Also they only pulled my credit one time! EQ pull.

EQ: 686 TU: 696 EX: 689         Utilization: Under 10% total, but my NFCU card is reporting a 30% util. Perhaps why I received the BT offer.

INQ: 30        23          42

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Late at night the USAA Gods have blessed me...

Hot Dang is right! 😀 Congratulations. This is awesome.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 7
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Nice congrats !! Im patiently waiting my day with USAA, do you mind sharing your scores and UTI I can't see them if you have them on your sight , I'm on mobile!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Nice congrats !! Im patiently waiting my day with USAA, do you mind sharing your scores and UTI I can't see them if you have them on your sight , I'm on mobile!

I edited the original post to include more data points Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you on an awesome approval! Very nice SL and APR! Grad school is tough, so congrats to you on that accomplishment, too! Very happy for you! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the data pts and congrats again on both approvals very nice !
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major 2X Congrats!!!  I Heart me some USAA too!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.